Oscar Contender ‘Weekends’ Extends Online Run to Jan. 14
Trying to start your year off with no regrets? Hopefully, then, you’ve been making a point to catch all the Oscar shortlisted animated short films that have been made available online over the last several weeks. Luckily, one such limited-release title, Trevor Jimenez’s Weekends, has extended its period of online availability through to January 14.
Also nominated for the 2019 Annie Award for best short, Weekends is a dreamy 2D short full of deeply personal reflection, about a young boy shuffling between the homes of his recently divorced parents — surreal moments mix with the realities of a split family living in 1980s Toronto.
Written, edited and directed by Jimenez, the short was produced by Jeremy Slome. Mattie Brehm is associate producer, Chris Sasaki is production designer, and the short features original music by Andrew Vernon. Weekends has picked up many accolades at festivals around the world, including the Audience Award and Jury Prize at Annecy, Special Jury Prize at Anima Brussels, Best International Short at 3D WIRE and Best Screenplay at Anima Mundi, plus honors from the international fests of Warsaw, Nashville, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Riverrun and more.
More From ANIMATIONWorld:
- I Have a Question – Avatar SDK
- I Have a Question – Unity Technologies
- “Return of the Obra Dinn” Wins The Seumas Mcnally Grand Prize at The 21st Annual Independent Games Festival Awards
- GOD OF WAR WINS GAME OF THE YEAR AT THE 19TH ANNUAL GAME DEVELOPERS CHOICE AWARDS
- Goquest Media Ventures Picks up Drama Ccontent From China, Thailand And Taiwan
- WeChat Opens Game Developer Program to US Developers
- The IGDA Foundation Names Cierra Mcdonald Winner of The 2019 Jerry A. Lawson Award
- 2019 Game Developers Conference Opens Today at San Fransisco’S Moscone Convention Center