Official Competition of Ottawa International Animation Festival
The deadline for Official Competition of Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) is May 31, 2022. This year’s competition jury is a whirlwind of animated talent and expertise. Hugo Covarrubias (Chile), Marc Bertrand (Canada) and Pilar Newton-Katz (United States) complete the Features jury, while Terril Calder (Canada), Jonni Phillips (United States), and Marko Tadic (Croatia) form this year’s Shorts jury.
Their electrifying insights will determine who takes home a working phénakisticope trophy designed by Ottawa’s very own Tick Tock Tom.OIAF Artistic Director, Chris Robinson was awarded the René-Jodoin prize at Les Sommets du cinéma d’animation for his contributions to the animation community.
Meet the Jury
On Saturday, June 11, from 2:00 pm to 2:00 am, Arts Court, a venue OIAF attendees know and love, is throwing an Open House Party in partnership with Debaser’s summer edition of Pique. Expect to see the building animated inside and out with performances, visual and media arts, workshops, and an artisan market.
Join the OIAF at Club SAW from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm for a drop-in Pixilation animation workshop led by Multicultural Arts for Schools and Communities (MASC) artist, Tina Le Moine. The workshop is open to everyone – kids included.
During the Open House, don’t forget to stop by the OIAF’s storm headquarters, the Canadian Film Institute’s (CFI) new offices, to watch The Shaman’s Apprentice, the OIAF 2021 winner of the CFI Award for Best Canadian Animation and Best Narrative Short. The Shaman’s Apprentice will be playing on loop for visitors to stop by and enjoy from 2:00 pm until 9:00 pm.
- AFM2023 starts to register now
- POP MART Announces Opening of First Permanent US Store at American Dream Mall in NJ
- Cooler Master has announced the GX II Gold series of power supply units
- 80TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE D-DAY LANDINGS
- Cooler Master Launches CMODX.com
- Metaverse Industrial Innovation and Development Three-Year Action Plan (2023-2025)
- “Backkom Bear: Mars Mission” premieres on 9/28
- Veteran industry executive, Kevin Suh, building global LBE strategy for WildBrain CPLG