New meshing and Bullet Physics plugins for 3DS Max announced
According to a thread on CGTalk, MagicPictures Software will soon release two new commercial plugins – a Mesher called AQ Mesher, and a Bullet Physics based multibody simulator called AQ Bullet.
AqMesher is an OpenVDB based meshing plugin that’s compatible with particles, objects, and of course VDB objects. According to the developers it provides optimised access to many OpenVDB functions such as Meshing, levelset filter, fracture and levelset sphere functions for rigid body simulation. Features include:
Objects / particles / PRT files / VDB files to LevelSet
Adaptive Meshing to create tri or quad meshes
Velocity / Vertex Color channel creation
Meshing area clipping
Levelset to Sphere/Bullet Sphere(need Aq Bullet Plugin)
The second plugin, AqBullet, is a multi-body physics simulator that can simulate rigid bodies, soft bodies, rope and constraints. Features include:
Rigid Body simulation (Dynamic / Static / Kinetic)
Soft Body / Cloth simulation
Constraint functions (P2P, Hinge, Slider, ConeTwist, 6DOF, Softbody Anchor, Rope Anchor)
Bullet Primitives Object(Box, Cone, Sphere, Capsule, Cylinder)
Bullet Compound Object for Concave / Complex object
Easy to Use / Easy to Control
At time of press, no details about prices or an expected released date have been announced. Find out more, including video demos, on MagicPictures Software’s website (also already available is a free OpenSubdiv’s modifier that promises to be more responsive than the standard Max modifier.
- RTL looks to build cross-media streaming giant
- Tokyo Announces Tokyo Animation Pitch Grand Prix Winners!
- German mobile games market grows by 22 per cent
- STUDIO 100 MEDIA’S ‘MIA AND ME’ MOVIE SET TO HIT BIG SCREENS
- Fingersoft brings Hill Climb Racing 2 to Facebook Gaming
- WOMEN IN MOTION TALKS PRELIMINARY PROGRAM
- Build Speech AI in Multiple Languages and Train Large Language Models with the Latest from Riva and NeMo Megatron