NEW: Ground-breaking report on Inclusion & Diversity in the screen industry released today
Collectively, industry trade body UK Screen Alliance in conjunction with Animation UK and Access: VFX surveyed of more than 1,150 workers. The results reveal a portrait of diversity that will challenge many of the preconceptions about these three sectors and their progress in achieving an inclusive workplace.
There has been significant improvement in some respects, but there are areas where action is still required. The report fills in a data gap which was highlighted by a BFI commissioned evidence review in 2018 and by the recent ScreenSkills Assessment for 2018-19 which called for more granular research at sub-sectoral industry level into inclusion and diversity.
“ACCESS:VFX is all about ‘getting stuff done’ but we didn’t have any way to define what ‘done’ means, or measure our progress towards that goal. This report provides the agenda and then guides us towards solving workforce inequality.”-Tom Box, MD of BlueZoo and Access:VFX board member
The report, which was launched today at MPC (Moving Picture Company) on Wardour street in London, is available to view online now. To download the full report, click the button below:
Source: Animation UK
- SUPERPROD Group revitalizes HR policy an appoints Laléh Chloé Sahraï as Head of Recruitment & Talent Development
- Rainbow Six Siege: South Asia Nationals 2022 Coming This Winter
- Kidscreen Summit 2022 Speakers and Attendees Announced
- Try MediaRights Risk Free In A World…
- Intel Names Matt Poirier Senior Vice President of Corporate Development
- The International Animation Film Festival of Meknes (FICAM) in Morocco 2022
- THE SOMMETS DU CINÉMA D’ANIMATION CELEBRATE THEIR 20th EDITION
- Brut. launches the Cannes Film Festival into the Fortnite metaverse