Netflix Lays Off Five Top Kids & Family Execs
Several Netflix kids and family programming executives have been given their marching orders in the last few weeks, according to Deadline. The division is one of the streaming giant’s key growth areas in the last couple years. The team has been led by VP Melissa Cobb since 2017, when she was hired from her post as Chief Creative Officer/Head of Studio for Oriental DreamWorks.
The execs affected are Jenna Boyd, Director, Kids & Family Original Series; Jill Stewart Sanford, Manager, Original Animation; Josh Fisher, Creative Executive Manager, Original Animation; Shannon Smith, Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs; and Julius Harper, Manager, Interactive. Smith’s role will likely be absorbed by other business and legal execs, with the other positions will be filled by new appointees.
The top-level pink slips are reportedly not part of any broader scaleback for the division and no further layoffs are expected.
By: Mercedes Milligan
- ZAG Signs Over 30 Licensing Partners in Mexico for ‘Miraculous’
- SUPERPROD Group revitalizes HR policy an appoints Laléh Chloé Sahraï as Head of Recruitment & Talent Development
- Rainbow Six Siege: South Asia Nationals 2022 Coming This Winter
- Kidscreen Summit 2022 Speakers and Attendees Announced
- Try MediaRights Risk Free In A World…
- Intel Names Matt Poirier Senior Vice President of Corporate Development
- The International Animation Film Festival of Meknes (FICAM) in Morocco 2022
- THE SOMMETS DU CINÉMA D’ANIMATION CELEBRATE THEIR 20th EDITION