Mitchells vs Machines Is Netflix’s Biggest Animated Film
Netflix’s quarterly report reveals its hit sci-fi comedy, The Mitchells vs. the Machines, is the streamer’s most-watched animated film to date. It is an original comedy adventure animated film produced by SONY Columbia Pictures USA and SONY Animation. It’s Created by the oscar-winning gold medal team behind Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Directed by writer/directors Michael Rianda and Jeff Rowe, the vibrantly CG-animated flick follows an average family who get caught in a bit of world-saving when a cross-country journey to drop daughter Kate off at film school and reconnect one last time is interrupted by a robot uprising. The film features an ensemble voice cast comprised of Danny McBride, Maya Rudolph, Eric André, Olivia Colman, Fred Armisen, Beck Bennett, John Legend, Chrissy Teigen, Blake Griffin, and Conan O’Brien.
The film debuted on April 30. This family film is produced by Sony was watched by 53 million households in its first 28 days.
“It’s weird that my mom was able to bribe all these people into watching the movie and claiming to enjoy it— Good on her, I guess? ” joked director Mike Rianda when reached for comment by Animation Magazine. “But seriously — we’re legitimately blown away by the audience response to the movie. It was a labor of love and represents the great work of hundreds of talented storytellers and artists. I’m so glad that through Netflix so many people were able to watch it together. I couldn’t be prouder of the team who made it and I’m so glad people love watching it as much as we loved making it.”
This is more than the 43M that tuned in for Over The Moon and the 38M that watched The Willoughby’s in the same period.
- Nova Core Chaos:ready to cook
- Preserve, the Cozy Puzzle Nature-Building Game Coming to PC in Summer 2024
- Hot Wheels Let’s Race to Debut on Netflix March 4
- Tulipop Studios Announces Commission of Brand-New Seasonal Specials
- Game Developers Conference (GDC)’s 12th Annual State of the Game Industry Survey Results
- PJ MASKS POWER HEROES: MIGHTY ALLIANCE LAUNCHES MARCH 15th 2024
- SHIFT BETWEEN CAR AND CHARACTER IN ‘CHAMPION SHIFT’ EARLY ACCESS FEB. 29TH
- ‘Luna Abyss’ Extended Demo Released