Mitchells vs Machines Is Netflix’s Biggest Animated Film
Netflix’s quarterly report reveals its hit sci-fi comedy, The Mitchells vs. the Machines, is the streamer’s most-watched animated film to date. It is an original comedy adventure animated film produced by SONY Columbia Pictures USA and SONY Animation. It’s Created by the oscar-winning gold medal team behind Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Directed by writer/directors Michael Rianda and Jeff Rowe, the vibrantly CG-animated flick follows an average family who get caught in a bit of world-saving when a cross-country journey to drop daughter Kate off at film school and reconnect one last time is interrupted by a robot uprising. The film features an ensemble voice cast comprised of Danny McBride, Maya Rudolph, Eric André, Olivia Colman, Fred Armisen, Beck Bennett, John Legend, Chrissy Teigen, Blake Griffin, and Conan O’Brien.
The film debuted on April 30. This family film is produced by Sony was watched by 53 million households in its first 28 days.
“It’s weird that my mom was able to bribe all these people into watching the movie and claiming to enjoy it— Good on her, I guess? ” joked director Mike Rianda when reached for comment by Animation Magazine. “But seriously — we’re legitimately blown away by the audience response to the movie. It was a labor of love and represents the great work of hundreds of talented storytellers and artists. I’m so glad that through Netflix so many people were able to watch it together. I couldn’t be prouder of the team who made it and I’m so glad people love watching it as much as we loved making it.”
This is more than the 43M that tuned in for Over The Moon and the 38M that watched The Willoughby’s in the same period.
- Identity V Achieves 300 Million Visitors Worldwide
- Cooler Master Raises the Bar with the Q300L V2: Unleashing the Full Potential of mATX Cases
- Gaming’s AI-enabled Future Materializes in Cygnus Enterprises
- InnoGames invites to IGJAM #14
- US Entertainment Enterprise Falcon’s Beyond and China Cultural Commerce Giant K11 Unveil Major Global ‘Retailtainment’ Venture
- ARTE announces its new video game The Merlies
- The Truth Seekers Anonymous’ Guide to Surviving Deceit 2
- Battling the Deep Fake Surge:Reality Defender Keeps it Real