MAF GOES HYBRID FOR 2021!
It’s announce that Manchester Animation Festival, the UK’s largest celebration of animation will be returning this November for our first ever hybrid edition.
MAF aims to showcase short film and feature film screenings both online and in-venue so audience members can choose to watch our competition screenings with a crowd, or from the comfort of their own home. Events with guests such as the masterclasses and panels will be taking place exclusively online through our Eventive platform and will be available alongside the film screenings until the end of November. MAF will be launching our full programme on the 27 September where we will announce further details of events and how they will take place.
Festival Director Dr Steve Henderson said:
“Though the world isn’t quite back to normal yet, by building on the successes of our 2020 online Festival we hope to be able to provide an experience that will suit everyone. We look forward to welcoming back our audience, however they decide to enjoy MAF!”
The 2021 MAF event will be guided by the latest government and MAF partner venue guidance. Festival organizers have confirmed that this year’s festival will be bigger than last year with new features yet to be announced.
- Licensing International Releases Annual Global Licensing Industry Study
- 6 in 10 PC and console games sold in 2021 in Germany were purchased as downloads
- Jellish：an experienced producers of high end animation content
- Garfield gets a 2024 release date
- How Sony Pictures Imageworks created a real-time thriller for Netflix’s Love, Death + Robots
- The first Beijing Animation Week has come to an end and Chinese animation is about to open a new century
- FUNKO Hires Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Far East
- Amazon Prime Video to localise in key SE Asia markets