Learn How Remedy Designed Control’s Mind-Bending Oceanview Motel At GDC!
If you played Remedy’s mind-bending occult action game Control this year, you know it does some remarkable things with level design and dream logic, and at GDC in March you’ll have the opportunity to learn how!
That’s because Remedy narrative designer Brooke Maggs will be there to present a talk on the Game Narrative Summit called “Weirder Than Usual: Narrative Designing the Oceanview Motel in ‘Control’“that’sall about how the Motel sequences evolved while maintaining narrative cohesion.
It’s going to be a one-of-a-kind talk that, even if you don’t care about Control, promises a rare look into worldbuilding and narrative design at Remedy; expect to walk away with new tools and ideas you can use to help communicate subtle narrative, ‘New Weird’ themes and narrative designs throughout development.
Next year GDC 2020 runs from Monday, March 16th through Friday, March 20th. This will be the 34th edition of GDC, and now that registration is officially open, you’ll want to take a look at the (ever-expanding) session schedule and your GDC pass options — register early to lock in the best price!
- ZEISS CinCraft Mapper Delivers Precise Lens Data for Efficient VFX Workflows
- Dr. Russell Campbell On Returning In-Person To Teach Shader Programming
- RTL looks to build cross-media streaming giant
- Tokyo Announces Tokyo Animation Pitch Grand Prix Winners!
- German mobile games market grows by 22 per cent
- STUDIO 100 MEDIA’S ‘MIA AND ME’ MOVIE SET TO HIT BIG SCREENS
- Fingersoft brings Hill Climb Racing 2 to Facebook Gaming