Global Broadcasters Get a Whiff of ‘Wishfart’
Leprechauns, wishes, laughter and a lotta heart are in global demand, according to Bejuba! Head of Sales Emilie Pasquet. The company has announced a slate of deals which will continue to carry the animated comedy to airwaves around the world.
Canal Plus (France), ABC (Australia), Kids TV (Ukraine), 2 x 2 TV and Studio Telephote (Russia) are the latest broadcasters to acquire the 20 x half-hour/40 x 11’ series for kids 5-11. Wishfarthas already been embraced by kids in UK, Italy, Belgium, Israel, Africa.
Created by John Hazlett, Lienne Sawatsky and Dan Williams, the series follows a goofy teen named Dez, who also happens to be a leprechaun. Dez happily grants wishes, often for his buddies Akiko and Puffin and when the wishes go fantastically haywire, wild escapades ensue. Every episode is big on laughs, with lots to learn as well, especially about the power of friendship.
And there’s nary a fart involved!
Teletoon in Canada commissioned the series with the Shaw Rocket Fund’s support and Nelvana serving as animation studio. Bejuba! Entertainment is the global distributor across all rights and is showcasing the series this MIPCOM.
Visit www.bejuba.com for more information.
Source: Animation Magazine
- ZEISS CinCraft Mapper Delivers Precise Lens Data for Efficient VFX Workflows
- Dr. Russell Campbell On Returning In-Person To Teach Shader Programming
- RTL looks to build cross-media streaming giant
- Tokyo Announces Tokyo Animation Pitch Grand Prix Winners!
- German mobile games market grows by 22 per cent
- STUDIO 100 MEDIA’S ‘MIA AND ME’ MOVIE SET TO HIT BIG SCREENS
- Fingersoft brings Hill Climb Racing 2 to Facebook Gaming