Dystopian Point-n-Click Adventure ENCODYA Developer Takes Us Behind the Scenes in New Featurette
Chief Developer Nicola Piovesan dives into the robotic future of Neo-Berlin and all the details that bring his passion project to life
Wiesbaden, Germany. 20th January, 2021. Publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Chaosmonger Studio are inviting you behind the scenes of the upcoming point-and-click adventure game, ENCODYA, with Chief Developer Nicola Piovesan. ENCODYA brings players to the dystopian near-future of Neo-Berlin, where a young orphan girl named Tina teams up with a hulking mass of metal and wiring named SAM-53 to bring light and happiness back to the hellish cyberpunk landscape of 2062.
In this new featurette, Piovesan takes players behind the scenes and dives into the little details that truly bring the world of Neo-Berlin to life. A point-and-click adventure game succeeds when it offers a believable fantasy world for players to explore and discover, and as Piovesan explains in the video, ensuring each element of the game lends itself to the experience is key to doing so. From the creation of completely original billboards and advertising jingles to simple things like the dialogue between NPCs on the street, Piovesan takes viewers through the creation process, providing developer insight into how creating an authentic world is possible with a strong narrative and plenty of subtle background detail.
- Entirely Original Soundtrack and Audio: Not only will players enjoy a unique, custom soundtrack, but everything from the character dialogue to the advertising jingles are self-produced audio tracks, not simply sound bites from an audio-library
- A Robust Script: To really bring the world of ENCODYA to life, more than 4,000 lines of dialogue provide an engaging and immersive cinematic experience
- This Puzzle Was Different Last Time…: Puzzle randomization adds replay value and a fresh challenge for players looking to enjoy multiple trips to Neo-Berlin
- A Full Cast of Characters: With 34 distinct NPCs, the dystopian world of Neo-Berlin is brought to life with a whole host of fully-realized individuals
ENCODYA will be available on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux platforms via Steam, GOG and ENCODYA.com on 26th January, 2021, for £21.99 for the standard edition, and £31.99 for the ‘Save the World Edition’. Both can be pre-ordered now with a limited time 20% discount.
To learn more, please visit https://chaosmonger.itch.io/encodya.
About Assemble Entertainment
Based in Wiesbaden, Germany, Assemble Entertainment is an independent games developer and publisher, best known for Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry, the latest installment in the humorously naughty point-and-click adventure saga, and the multi-award-winning Endzone – A World Apart, that challenges players to survive and thrive following an environmental apocalypse. Assemble Entertainment also organizes GermanDevDays, an annual conference that attracts more than 1,100 attendees from across the German-speaking video game development industry.
About Chaosmonger Studio
Based in Tallinn, Estonia, Chaosmonger Studio has over 20 years of experience in producing various forms of entertainment ranging from documentaries, sci-fi films, animations, music videos, and video games. Founded in 2000 by Nicola Piovesan, Chaosmonger Studio has since created numerous award-winning pieces of content and has participated in world-renowned film and content festivals, which have earned the studio nearly 100 awards. Learn more here: http://www.chaosmonger.com.
Encodya will be available on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux platforms via Steam and GOG on January 26, 2021, for $24.99 USD. To learn more and add the game to your wishlist head over to the Steam page.
Keep up to date with Encodya by following the game on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Join the Assemble Entertainment community on Discord for even more news!
Source： Mark Allen
- Beijing Animation Festival | Global Digital Creations Holdings Limited To Cultivate Metaverse Talents And Advance Together With The Digital Industry
- Talk of the city: the Chinese animation film “Deep Sea” is soon to be released
- China cultivates new competitive advantages in cultural trade
- Spin Master Announces Collaboration with Disney for New Animated ‘Firebuds’ Series
- Scorpion return in Mortal Kombat 2?
- Licensing International Releases Annual Global Licensing Industry Study
- 6 in 10 PC and console games sold in 2021 in Germany were purchased as downloads
- Jellish：an experienced producers of high end animation content