DreamWorks Animation First Announced its Restarting Plan Two Years after it Joined Universal Pictures
Two years ago, Universal Pictures acquired DreamWorks Animation for $3.8 billion. However, within two years of joining DreamWorks Animation, DreamWorks Animation has rarely appeared on the big screen, and has been exposed to the news of the project. Two years later, a few days ago, DreamWorks Animation re-appeared, holding the first brand promotion conference after joining Universal Pictures in China, and announced the restart plan after joining Universal Pictures.
DreamWorks Animation will operate under the China branch of Universal Pictures International. DreamWorks Animation’s film series will be jointly managed by Universal Studios Brand Development Group in Shanghai, Universal Pictures Film, Digital Games, and TV Distribution in Beijing. This is why the brand promotion conference was held in China.
Why was the restart plan two years late, and DreamWorks Animation’s president Chris DeFaria explained to the media, including the Economic Observer Network, that during the transition phase, the company’s technical work was improved and the future project was planned. And further blended the relationship with Universal Pictures.
When Universal Pictures acquired DreamWorks Animation, it acquired a stake in 45.45% of Oriental DreamWorks owned by DreamWorks Animation. The remaining 54.55% of the shares of Oriental DreamWorks belong to the Chinese Cultural Industry Investment Fund (CMC). Oriental DreamWorks, a joint venture between China and the United States, released its first work, Kung Fu Panda 3, in 2016, and has developed an unprecedented version of both Mandarin and English. In the end, the film has more than $500 million in global box office. This film also turned the performance of DreamWorks Animation into a win.
However, a year later, DreamWorks Animation’s parent company, Universal Pictures, rumored to abandon a 45% stake in Oriental DreamWorks. In February 2018, the Chinese consortium led by Chinese culture realized the wholly-owned holding of Oriental DreamWorks. Oriental DreamWorks became a Chinese-owned company and launched the new English name Pearl Studio. The copyright of “Kung Fu Panda” is still owned by DreamWorks Animation.
Nowadays, DreamWorks Animation has reappeared. In addition to the latest architectural adjustments, the latest release plan is also released. “How to Train Your Dragon 3” will be released overseas in February 2019 – this film will become the classic animation series. Final story
- I Have a Question – Locator
- Approaching China Hi-Tech Fair with CGGE
- I Have a Question – The 9 Education Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tribute To Stan Lee
- AWN China interview – Responses from Mr Howie Lau, Chief Industry Development Officer, Info-communications Media Development Authority, Singapore (IMDA)
- 2019 Annecy Festival Calls for Entries & Announces Key Changes
- Sneak Peek: ‘LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars’ Debuts October 29
- Assistant Professor/Instructor in Multimedia and/or Digital Media Production Otterbein University
- Gaming Technologies Hardware/Software Engineer, Mid in Leavenworth, KS at Booz Allen Hamilton Booz Allen Hamilton
- 3D Visualization Software Engineer, Senior in Alexandria, VA at Booz Allen Hamilton Booz Allen Hamilton
- Graphic Design Specialist General Electric
- Editor 2, Editing (Video) Comcast
- Senior Storyboard Artists Aardman