Do you feel the vibe?Retrograde Arena is Released!
May14, Freemergency Studio and Another Indie are pleased to announce Retrograde Arena, a stylish physics-based twin-stick shooter! In Retrograde, weapons don’t kill, but the environment does! Retrograde Arena completely reimagines the twin-stick formula with dynamic movement enhanced by weapon recoil. Guns aren’t just for attack, they are for speed, dodging, sharp corners, and brutal counter-attacks. Weapon recoil, bouncing beams, and environmental (deadly hazards) awareness make Retrograde Arena an entirely new kind of competitive multiplayer experience.
Dripping with gorgeous neon and thrumming with powerful synth-wave tunes, Retrograde Arena captures 80’s vibes and puts players in various battles for dominance! Awarded with the Rising Star (most anticipated game to be released by a new game studio) and Best Innovation Awards in the Southeast Asia Game Awards 2019, Retrograde Arena will land on Steam Early Access on Thursday, May 28th, 2020.
Ask for a REVIEW CODE：[email protected]
- A Multiplayer Spectacle (Online & Local): Battle with up to 6 friends or AI in rapid-fire rounds of neon-drenched fury with retro-futuristic weapons.
- Three Game Modes for Different Skill Types:
- Last Man Standing for the quickest finger and deadliest shot.
- King’s Crown for tactical ambush and intelligent skirmisher.
- SuperSizer for a new and intriguing game based around an insurmountable enemy.
- Physics Is The Key: Dominate Newton’s laws and use your weapon’s recoil to dodge enemy attacks, smash them into walls, or fly around the arena at great speed.
- Grab Your Weapon: Use traditional weapons like machine guns, railguns, and shotguns to slam enemies to their doom! Or reflect enemy attacks back at them with the Mirror, unleash the dread Accelerator, or create a deadly black hole with the Imploder.
- Conquer Every Arena: Each arena has its own layout and unique quirks that demand different strategies to succeed!
- Beauty Matters: Unlock different skins, thrusters, and particle effects to personalize your drone.
“This is a very fun party game, I like the fact that you struggle with the recoil control that adds fun to the flavor of the game. The art is also really attractive, this is one of the very few games that actually pull off Tron-like graphics really well”–Wan Hamzer, Lead Designer Final Fantasy XV (2018)
About Freemergency Studio
Established in 2018, starting from a group of friends who had similar dreams, a humble studio was built. Our founders took a leap of faith into the opportunity without any support. Our goal is to leave our legacy to the world in the form of video games while upholding the three values in-game making which are Passion, Production, and Profit.
To learn more about Freemergency Studio visit“
About Another Indie
Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, Another Indie believes that language and geography shouldn’t be an obstacle to gamers who want to enjoy the best that the world has to offer and strives to make games successful in traditional and non-traditional markets.
To learn more about Another Indie visit https://anotherindie.com/
- Tencent Games to Showcase Latest Innovations in Game Development at GDC 2023
- The interest in Swedish game companies increases globally
- Stray Fawn Studio announces publishing branch
- Cyber Group Studios Expands Leadership Team
- Lexar Announces 512GB CFexpress Type-B Card DIAMOND Series
- Simon Philips Joins Global Entertainment Powerhouse Falcon’s Beyond as President
- Paramount Unites Brands for First Global E-Commerce Platform, Paramount Shop
- Nickelodeon’s ‘Together For Good’ initiative urges kids to embrace their individuality