Disney Preparing “Black Panther” for “Best Movie” at Oscar
Marvel Studios brought the African-American superhero movie “Black Panther”, which not only received massive praise this year, but also broke many box office records, and brought many important issues on culture to discuss. As is expected, it seems that Disney Pictures and Marvel Pictures are also preparing this film for Oscar.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Disney Pictures has hired Oscar strategist Cynthia Swartz to run Oscar’s election campaign. Besides, Marvin Fiege, chairman of Marvel Films has made a huge budget for the awards to be presented, which is also a promise that Marvel Pictures has never made in the past.
It is worth mentioning that The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) has just announced that there’ll be “Most Popular Film” at this Oscar. Although AMPAS has not indicated any exact relevant measures, it is widely believed that this award was set up for movies like “Black Panther” which has both high box office and acclaim, but in any case, it will not change Disney’s plan to let “Black Panther” compete for the best film.
Kevin Feiji has also revealed the Oscar Competing strategy of “Black Panther” in a recent interview. It will focus on the film’s creativity and global impact, promoting it as a superhero film made by a creative film director to win support from students of AMPAS who have the voting rights, as the film has a profound impact on the director himself as well as the ethnic minorities in the history of Hollywood movies.
“The Panther” is directed by Ryan Coogler (“Fruitvale Station”, “Creed”), starring Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong’o, Michael B. Jordan, Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright, Daniel Kaluya, etc., receiving a total of $1.3 billion box office worldwide, and is the most popular superhero movie in North American Movie History.
- ZAG Signs Over 30 Licensing Partners in Mexico for ‘Miraculous’
- SUPERPROD Group revitalizes HR policy an appoints Laléh Chloé Sahraï as Head of Recruitment & Talent Development
- Rainbow Six Siege: South Asia Nationals 2022 Coming This Winter
- Kidscreen Summit 2022 Speakers and Attendees Announced
- Try MediaRights Risk Free In A World…
- Intel Names Matt Poirier Senior Vice President of Corporate Development
- The International Animation Film Festival of Meknes (FICAM) in Morocco 2022
- THE SOMMETS DU CINÉMA D’ANIMATION CELEBRATE THEIR 20th EDITION