Disney to Present Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Storytelling Talk at GDC Summer
The organizers of GDC Summer 2020 have revealed that Walt Disney Imagineering’s Assistant Producer Anisha Deshmane will present a virtual lecture on the development of Star Wars: Datapad, a mobile exploration tool that unlocks the stories of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the Star Wars land at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Star Wars: Datapad allows park guests to have an adventure woven throughout Disney’s most immersive, technologically advanced themed land to date.
The virtual talk will provide attendees with insight into design strategies from a world-class leader in immersive experiences, including strategies to frame gameplay within the physical space, and create a unique experience that encourages exploration for all audiences.
The Walt Disney Imagineering team designed one of the most remarkable immersive entertainment experiences in the world with Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disneyland and Disney World’s 14-acre Star Wars-themed areas, and at GDC Summer in August you’ll have a rare chance to see how they did it!
This year Disney returns to GDC to present a very special session “Live Your Story: Immersive Storytelling at ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge'” that promises to show you how the Imagineers crafted narratives that guests uncover as they explore one of Disney’s most immersive, technologically advanced themed land to date.
This session will discuss the unique storytelling opportunities presented in such an immersive environment and the strategies used to leverage guests’ mobile devices so they can live their own Star Wars story.
Expect to walk away with fresh insight into design strategies from a world-class leader in immersive experiences, including strategies to frame gameplay within the physical world, leverage technology both on a mobile device and in the physical space, and create a unique experience that encourages exploration for all audiences!
Register now for GDC Summer, scheduled to take place virtually August 4th through the 6th! For more details on what to expect visit the show’s official website, or subscribe to regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS.
- WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSE OF THE NET! Kolobanga Media reveals the new global project.
- Russian animated series Be-be-bears and Leo&Tig to be shown in MENA countries
- MIPCOM preps for Cannes return as Reed Midem unveils Covid-19 strategy
- SALON RENTALS: SUPPLYING AND SUPPORTING THE FILM & TV INDUSTRY FOR OVER 50 YEARS
- Tencent buys into Asian streaming platform iFlix
- YOGSCAST GAMES Announces the Tiny Teams Festival Celebrating Indie Development From 9-15 August
- ANTICIPATED SCI-FI MMO DUAL UNIVERSE REVOLUTIONIZES THE VIRTUAL WORLD WITH BETA LAUNCH ON AUGUST 27 AND ACCESSIBLE $6.99 SUBSCRIPTION
- Pixel-powered Polygons Boil Frogs