Computer Graphics Conference SIGGRAPH 2019 to Focus on How Technology Helps Us Thrive
Submissions Open for Summer Event in Los Angeles
CHICAGO—Under the leadership of Conference Chair Mikki Rose, Senior Fur Technical Director at Blue Sky Studios, SIGGRAPH 2019 seeks submissions that cater to a central concept: Thrive. In its 46th year, the conference is set for 28 July–1 August 2019 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA.
“The concept of ‘thrive’ is multifaceted,” noted Rose. “For some in our community, it might mean to experience the latest advancements in a given technology; for others, it could be the chance to connect and create alongside like-minded professionals. I invite our community to challenge and transform the future of computer graphics and interactive techniques by sharing their work this summer.”
New this year, SIGGRAPH 2019 debuts a special focus area on adaptive technology, which aims to spotlight technology that assists people with disabilities. Given the amazing technologies being developed, such as robotic replacements or enhancements, communication assistance devices, and more, leadership is committed to shining a light on the many ways technology can be used to help people and, hopefully, inspire further development. Adaptive technology shows great potential for progressing how people may better tell their story — an idea worth championing.
Currently open programs and deadlines are as follows:
- 12 February– Appy Hour, Courses, Emerging Technologies, Groovy Graphics, Panels, Production Sessions, Student Volunteers, Studio, Talks
- 19 March– Computer Animation Festival Electronic Theater
- 26 March– Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality; Computer Animation Festival VR Theater
- 9 April– Real-Time Live!
- 25 April– Posters
To submit your work for consideration by SIGGRAPH’s highly qualified juries, visit: s2019.SIGGRAPH.org/submissions. All deadlines are 22:00 UTC/GMT.
Emily Drake, Media Relations Manager: [email protected], +1.312.673.4758.
About ACM, ACM SIGGRAPH and SIGGRAPH 2019
ACM, the Association for Computing Machinery, is the world’s largest educational and scientific computing society, uniting educators, researchers, and professionals to inspire dialogue, share resources, and address the field’s challenges. ACM SIGGRAPH is a special interest group within ACM that serves as an interdisciplinary community for members in research, technology, and applications in computer graphics and interactive techniques. SIGGRAPH 2019, the 46th annual conference hosted by ACM SIGGRAPH, will take place from 28 July–1 August at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA.
Source: Emily Drake, SIGGRAPH Media Relations
- ZAG Signs Over 30 Licensing Partners in Mexico for ‘Miraculous’
- SUPERPROD Group revitalizes HR policy an appoints Laléh Chloé Sahraï as Head of Recruitment & Talent Development
- Rainbow Six Siege: South Asia Nationals 2022 Coming This Winter
- Kidscreen Summit 2022 Speakers and Attendees Announced
- Try MediaRights Risk Free In A World…
- Intel Names Matt Poirier Senior Vice President of Corporate Development
- The International Animation Film Festival of Meknes (FICAM) in Morocco 2022
- THE SOMMETS DU CINÉMA D’ANIMATION CELEBRATE THEIR 20th EDITION