Come To GDC 2020 For An Inside Look At Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order’s Design!
Respawn Entertainment’s upcoming Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order is shaping up to be one of the biggest releases of the year, and at the Game Developers Conference in March you’ll have a chance to see how it was made.
Notably, GDC organizers have already confirmed that Respawn will be presenting a promising Programming track talk on “From Padawan to Jedi: Building the Character Controller of ‘Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order'” that you won’t want to miss!
This is a rare opportunity to learn how Respawn assembled a key piece of Jedi Fallen Order, as you’ll hear all about the the creation of the game’s character controller (which helps govern movement of the main character through the game world) as well as the team’s design goals, technical challenges, and lessons learned.
Expect to walk away with a deeper understanding of the physics, animation, and gameplay systems behind the character controller, and how these systems are used to construct various navigation and combat mechanics in the game. Benefits and disadvantages of the implementation will also be illustrated, along with concrete examples from the game that may be applicable to your own work. Don’t miss it!
Next year GDC 2020 runs from Monday, March 16th through Friday, March 20th. This will be the 34th edition of GDC, and now that registration is officially open.
For more details on GDC 2020 visit the show’s official website, or subscribe to regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS.d
- ZAG Signs Over 30 Licensing Partners in Mexico for ‘Miraculous’
- SUPERPROD Group revitalizes HR policy an appoints Laléh Chloé Sahraï as Head of Recruitment & Talent Development
- Rainbow Six Siege: South Asia Nationals 2022 Coming This Winter
- Kidscreen Summit 2022 Speakers and Attendees Announced
- Try MediaRights Risk Free In A World…
- Intel Names Matt Poirier Senior Vice President of Corporate Development
- The International Animation Film Festival of Meknes (FICAM) in Morocco 2022
- THE SOMMETS DU CINÉMA D’ANIMATION CELEBRATE THEIR 20th EDITION