CoCoMelon Heads to Streaming Platforms in China
Moonbug Entertainment Ltd., one of the largest digital media companies in the world, announced that it has brought the biggest kids’ program, CoComelon, to China through broadened and newly established partnerships with the country’s leading streaming platforms — iQIYI and ByteDance/Xigua Video. With these agreements, Moonbug has extended the reach of CoComelon, which is already greatly loved in most of the world, giving the Chinese platforms’ hundreds of million viewers access to watch and listen to content in Mandarin and English.
Moonbug has experienced tremendous distribution growth globally and last year established its footing within China. Moonbug’s brands, which are focused on providing children with enriching content, have continued to grow in fandom and these new partnerships offer new in-market opportunities for the media company.
“The expansion of CoComelon to China is the start of a new, expansive chapter for Moonbug and lays the foundation for future partnerships within the market,” said Nicolas Eglau, Managing Director EMEA & APAC, Moonbug. “Our ambition is to ensure every child in China has the ability to connect with CoComelon characters through one or more of their preferred platforms.”
CoComelon teaches children how to take on everyday activities and role models positive behavior with a sense of enthusiasm. Kids can easily relate to the universal themes and everyday narratives such as eating your vegetables, learning to tie your shoes and getting ready for bed. With its bright and bold colors and cheerful nursery rhymes and phrases, CoComelon attracts children aged one to four to sing and dance along with JJ and his siblings as they learn letters, numbers, animal sounds, colors and more.
Moonbug is having active conversations with additional partners for further launches in the weeks to come. To learn more about Moonbug, please visit moonbug.com.
- Beijing Animation Festival | Global Digital Creations Holdings Limited To Cultivate Metaverse Talents And Advance Together With The Digital Industry
- Talk of the city: the Chinese animation film “Deep Sea” is soon to be released
- China cultivates new competitive advantages in cultural trade
- Spin Master Announces Collaboration with Disney for New Animated ‘Firebuds’ Series
- Scorpion return in Mortal Kombat 2?
- Licensing International Releases Annual Global Licensing Industry Study
- 6 in 10 PC and console games sold in 2021 in Germany were purchased as downloads
- Jellish：an experienced producers of high end animation content