Call for Nominations for ACM SIGGRAPH Lifelong Learning Chair
The new Lifelong Learning Chair will organize a committee that will lead efforts in developing online educational materials such as webinars, online courses (SIGGRAPH University), and ACM Books and state of the art reports to support practitioners and other members wanting to strengthen their existing skills and/or expand their skills by learning about new areas. The Committee will leverage the knowledge base of our membership in creating these materials.
The SIGGRAPH Executive Committee has set as one of its primary goals the support of our members throughout their careers through mentoring, lifelong learning, and professional development both in the research and practitioner areas. Since these tasks are interconnected, the different committees should work together and with the conferences to achieve their goals. For example, the Practitioner Career Development Committee should work with the Lifelong Learning Committee to ensure that materials appropriate for practitioners are developed.
The Chair must put in a budget request to the EC every January and submit an annual report in June. The Chair can expect to spend 5-10 hours/week on the chair activities.
For those interested in applying for this position, please contact Rebecca Strzelec. Provide a CV and vision statement (why you’re interested in being chair and what you hope to accomplish in that role). The Nominations Committee will review all the candidates and make recommendations to the ACM SIGGRAPH Executive Committee.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. All applications received by March 1 will receive full consideration.
We hope to fill the position by June 1 to allow for an early ramp-up. The position will begin September 1 and run for a three year term with the possibility of renewal for an additional three years
- FIREFLIES – THE GAME BRINGS VOXEL, ADVENTURE, PUZZLE AND A DEEP NARRATIVE INTO YOUR PC
- BELONG TAKES ARENA TOURNAMENTS ONLINE!
- Cognitive3D and Varjo Partner to Better Measure and Understand Human Behavior in Immersive Environments
- Statement on the COVID-19 pandemic
- Games industry takes on challenges of corona crisis
- WeChat to Participate in COVID-19 Global Hackathon to Support the World Health Organisation
- Tencent Sets Up US$100 Million Global Anti-Pandemic Fund to Support Fight Against COVID-19
- Talk with the Chinese Creative Companies under Covid 19–WuXi Dimension Digital