Apple releases full trailer for animated comedy ‘Luck’
Apple today released the full trailer for the first full-length 3D animated feature film coming to Apple TV+. Luck is the first movie to be released as part of Apple’s exclusive deal with Skydance Animation.
Luck centers on Sam Greenfield, the unluckiest person in the world. But her fortune changes when she finds the Land of Luck, a secret factory which manages all the lucky and unlucky moments that happen in the world. Sam’s adventure includes meeting up with some amazing mythical creatures, including a talking black cat, a dragon, and everything in-between.
Luck will debut exclusively on Apple TV+ on August 5.
Written by Kiel Murray and directed by Peggy Holmes, “Luck” is the first full-length animated film made for Apple TV+ by Skydance Animation. The new 2 minutes and 38-second trailer has been released on the Apple TV app, and also posted to YouTube by The Animation Studio.
Apple describes the comedy as being about Sam, “the unluckiest girl in the world, who after stumbling upon the never-before-seen world of good and back luck, must join together with magical creatures to uncover a force more powerful than even luck itself.”
Apple signed an exclusive deal (worth hundreds of millions of dollars per year) with Skydance Animation last year, and Luck’s August debut will be the first real test of the quality of what Skydance Animation can do.
After Luck, Skydance and Apple have already announced a further two projects on the slate (with more to follow). The next feature film is entitled ‘Spellbound’, expected to debut early next year. An ambitious TV series based on the WondLa children’s book series is also in development, which will feature film-quality animation.
- The Latest One Piece Film: Red
- Digital technology helps to upgrade supply chain finance market services
- The virtual reality documentary collection “Missing Pictures” is available on December 1st on Oculus App Lab, Steam VR and Viveport
- Viz Media Appoints Boutique Licensing Agency in Europe
- Miko Robot Makes Streaming Debut in New Animated Series
- ARRIVAL OF CHLOÉ CHEVRIER, INTERNATIONAL SALES MANAGER
- Annihilate waves of demons in HELLBREACH: VEGAS (Coming 2023)
- Germany increases games funding to 70 million euros