Ann Le Cam Join Weta Digital
Weta Digital strengthens its team with former Disney Animation Executive Ann Le Cam
Weta Digital CEO Prem Akkaraju brings on boards the former Disney Animation executive, Ann Le Cam, as SVP of global talent and animation production. She will be based in Weta Digital’s Los Angeles offices and will report to Akkaraju.
“Weta is a company where quality, risk-taking and innovation are key and it is such an exciting time in its evolution,” said Le Cam. “The growth plan is ambitious and remains true to the investment in top talent that has been the bedrock of Weta’s success so far. The challenges ahead will bring new opportunities for talent around the globe to continue the good work in new ways. I look forward to working with Prem and the team at Weta in the exciting chapter ahead.”
Le Cam brings three decades of senior leadership experience at the Walt Disney Company, where she last served as the SVP for Studio Planning and Talent at Walt Disney Animation Studios. While at Disney, she held executive positions heading up production, studio planning, data analytics and human resources.
She also led the production resource structure for all projects, developed integrated partnerships within production and technology, redesigned the studio’s people and talent structures, strategies and organization, and created an engaged inclusive community in support of all films, shorts and special projects. During her tenure, the studio released a string of critically and financially acclaimed successes, including Tangled, Wreck-it-Ralph 1 & 2, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Moana and Frozen 1 & 2.
“Throughout her career, Ann has built a reputation for innovative thinking, transformational leadership and production excellence,” stated Akkaraju. “As we expand Weta globally and into original content and animation, it was important to bring in someone of Ann’s calibre in this leadership role.”
- AFM2023 starts to register now
- POP MART Announces Opening of First Permanent US Store at American Dream Mall in NJ
- Cooler Master has announced the GX II Gold series of power supply units
- 80TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE D-DAY LANDINGS
- Cooler Master Launches CMODX.com
- Metaverse Industrial Innovation and Development Three-Year Action Plan (2023-2025)
- “Backkom Bear: Mars Mission” premieres on 9/28
- Veteran industry executive, Kevin Suh, building global LBE strategy for WildBrain CPLG