AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution coming soon to GPUOpen
AMD has announced that FidelityFX Super Resolution (often abbreviated to FSR) will be available on 22 June 2021. FSR is an open-source technology that can render high-resolution frames from lower resolution inputs. According to AMD “it uses a collection of cutting-edge algorithms with a particular emphasis on creating high-quality edges, giving large performance improvements compared to rendering at native resolution directly. FSR enables “practical performance” for costly render operations, such as hardware ray tracing.”
What is AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution?
FSR is a brand new, open source, high-quality solution for producing high resolution frames from lower resolution inputs. It uses a collection of cutting-edge algorithms with a particular emphasis on creating high-quality edges, giving large performance improvements compared to rendering at native resolution directly. FSR enables “practical performance” for costly render operations, such as hardware ray tracing.
How does it work?
FidelityFX Super Resolution is a spatial upscaling technique, which generates a “super resolution” image from every input frame. In other words, it does not rely on history buffers or motion vectors. Neither does it require any per-game training.
Why use FSR?
- Super Resolution
Major framerate boosts combined with high-quality, high-resolution graphics!
Four different quality modes proposed: Performance, Balanced, Quality, and Ultra Quality.
FSR is not limited to the latest GPU architectures only! It runs on a large variety of GPUs.
Wide API support for DirectX®12, Vulkan®, and DirectX®11!
Once released, FSR can be ported onto multiple platforms without restriction.
- Open source
In due course, FSR 1.0 will be provided here on GPUOpen under the MIT license.
- Easy to integrate
The same great experience that you expect from AMD FidelityFX, with a low barrier of entry.
Full shader source code provided for a smooth and flexible integration.
Fixed and arbitrary scaling supported.
- Highly optimized
FSR is hand-optimized for fast performance across a wide variety of GPUs1.
AMD’s FidelityFX competes with NVIDIA’s DLSS which is currently available in Unreal Engine and coming soon to Unity, although a significant difference is that FidelityFX is not limited to AMD cards, as it will also work with Geforce 10xx and above.
Find out more on the GPUopen website：gpuopen.com
- Beijing Animation Festival | Global Digital Creations Holdings Limited To Cultivate Metaverse Talents And Advance Together With The Digital Industry
- Talk of the city: the Chinese animation film “Deep Sea” is soon to be released
- China cultivates new competitive advantages in cultural trade
- Spin Master Announces Collaboration with Disney for New Animated ‘Firebuds’ Series
- Scorpion return in Mortal Kombat 2?
- Licensing International Releases Annual Global Licensing Industry Study
- 6 in 10 PC and console games sold in 2021 in Germany were purchased as downloads
- Jellish：an experienced producers of high end animation content