ABC Appoints Head of ABC Commercial
Sydney, Australia: The ABC has appointed Jessica Ellis as the Head, ABC Commercial, where she has been overseeing the role from August 2021.
Since joining the ABC in February 2007, Jess has provided insight and experience to the leadership of ABC Commercial. In her most recent position of Head, Content Sales & Distribution, Jess has been responsible for delivering Commercial’s success across Global TV distribution, News Syndication and Home Entertainment.
Under her leadership, ABC Commercial has signed major output deals with international distribution partners leading to exponential growth of the business. Jess has also secured ongoing partnerships with leading digital players including Netflix, Stan, iTunes and Spotify and has signed landmark syndication deals that have expanded ABC News content reach to new audiences.
Jess works closely with the Australian TV production industry to secure global distribution rights to key ABC franchises ensuring Australian stories and voices can be shared with the world. In addition to her extensive experience as a Senior Executive at the ABC, Jess has also worked in Drama Investment for Screen Australia and Digital Media Sales for BBC Worldwide.
ABC’s Chief Financial Officer, Melanie Kleyn, welcomed the appointment: “ABC Commercial continues to face the challenges being seen elsewhere in content distribution, media and retail sectors. Jess brings the depth of experience and the range of skills necessary to lead ABC Commercial through the challenges, whilst continuing to align Commercial activities against the ABC’s Five-Year plan.”
On her appointment Ellis said “I’m incredibly excited to be stepping up into this role and ready to take on the challenge at such a pivotal and shifting time for our industry. ABC Commercial has one of the most respected and impressive teams in the industry and I’m looking forward to building on their energy and vision.”
About ABC Commercial
ABC Commercial is responsible for taking the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s screen content, services and brands to the Australian and international marketplace. From our full suite of digital services and traditional businesses, ABC Commercial extends the global reach of the ABC’s bold, compelling and entertaining content across territories and platforms. All revenue generated from our activities is reinvested into the production of the ABC’s high-quality content.
- Beijing Animation Festival | Global Digital Creations Holdings Limited To Cultivate Metaverse Talents And Advance Together With The Digital Industry
- Talk of the city: the Chinese animation film “Deep Sea” is soon to be released
- China cultivates new competitive advantages in cultural trade
- Spin Master Announces Collaboration with Disney for New Animated ‘Firebuds’ Series
- Scorpion return in Mortal Kombat 2?
- Licensing International Releases Annual Global Licensing Industry Study
- 6 in 10 PC and console games sold in 2021 in Germany were purchased as downloads
- Jellish：an experienced producers of high end animation content