9 Story Gets Spooky with Animated Mystery ‘The Hollow’
9 Story Distribution International has entered into an agreement with Vancouver-based Slap Happy Cartoons to acquire the animated series The Hollow (10 x 22’), aimed at children 8 and up. Following its worldwide Netflix premiere, 9 Story Distribution has retained all other distribution rights worldwide and will be featuring the title at MIPTV in April.
Created by the team behind Nerds and Monsters (Vito Viscomi, Kathy Antonsen Rocchio, Josh Mepham and Greg Sullivan) the mystery-adventure series centers on three teen strangers — Adam, Kai and Mira — who awaken in an underground bunker with no memory of themselves or each other. Forced to make sense of their connection in a mysterious realm, together they must fight through the challenges presented in this strange world, like magic portals, peculiar puzzles and nasty beasts, while discovering new strengths within themselves to assist them along the way.
The first season of The Hollow premiered June 2018 on Netflix and has received widespread critical acclaim for its edgy, serialized storytelling. Common Sense Media said “…the kind of kid who’s maybe just a little too young for Stranger Things is just the right age for this appealingly weird series.” Collider listed it as one of the Best New Animated Series for 2018, calling it “an easy binge watch, and an addictive one at that.”
Netflix recently greenlit the series for a second season, set to launch in 2020.
9 Story Distribution International is the international distribution arm of 9 Story Media Group, a leading content creator, producer and distributor of kids & family focused intellectual property. Learn more at www.9story.com.
- ZAG Signs Over 30 Licensing Partners in Mexico for ‘Miraculous’
- SUPERPROD Group revitalizes HR policy an appoints Laléh Chloé Sahraï as Head of Recruitment & Talent Development
- Rainbow Six Siege: South Asia Nationals 2022 Coming This Winter
- Kidscreen Summit 2022 Speakers and Attendees Announced
- Try MediaRights Risk Free In A World…
- Intel Names Matt Poirier Senior Vice President of Corporate Development
- The International Animation Film Festival of Meknes (FICAM) in Morocco 2022
- THE SOMMETS DU CINÉMA D’ANIMATION CELEBRATE THEIR 20th EDITION