2022 MEGAMIGS OF LA GUILDE DU JEU VIDÉO DU QUÉBEC:
THE INDUSTRY REUNITES AFTER THREE YEARS
NETWORKING, LEARNING, EXCEPTIONAL ENCOUNTERS, AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
From October 19 to 22, the 18th edition of MEGAMIGS put on by La Guilde du jeu vidéo du Québec is inviting 3,000 video game professionals to meet each other in person for the first time in three years.
This annual event organized by La Guilde du jeu vidéo du Québec and produced by Productions Kaliko will have a particularly excellent format to reconnect this year at the Hotel Bonaventure Montreal. The country’s flagship video game event will give attendees four full days to:
- Network and build business relationships
- Mingle with distinguished international guests
- Deepen their knowledge about topical issues in the video game industry
Content that reflects industry trends
“MEGAMIGS’ programming will cover topics of interest and reflect our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI),” said La Guilde Executive Director Jean-Jacques Hermans. “In line with industry-wide concerns, MEGAMIGS will include talks on such topics as Working on the Spectrum, Being a Mother in the Gaming Industry, Getting Back on Your Feet after Workplace Issues, and Women and Gaming in IT.”
“Through its support of promising initiatives, La Guilde aims to promote spaces for dialogue, openness and learning,” said Mr. Hermans. “Our organization will also present the new excellence in EDI award to an independent studio that has shown exemplary internal practices and processes.”
MEGAMIGS 2022 will be a unique one-stop opportunity to hear from recognized experts on topics that are important to the entire industry. The confirmed speakers and topics include:
- Daniel Dociu, Global Art Leader, NCsoft – Art Vision & Building Worlds
- TQ Jefferson, Chief Product Officer, Survios – Is VR Still 5 Minutes Away?
- Rebekah Saltsman, CEO and Co-Founder, Finji – Managing expectations: A look at the marketing and PR steps of the game TUNIC
An acquisitions panel will also feature Trent Oster, CEO of Beamdog, Julian Maroda, Chief Creative Officer of Norsfell, and Johan Eile, Managing Director of Kabam Games. The discussion will be moderated by Shum Singh, Managing Director of Agnitio Capital.
New: Four summits to take you to new heights
To celebrate the return of its fully in-person format, MEGAMIGS will be offering a grand premiere of four summits, each of which will be followed by a networking event. They will include talks, workshops, case studies and other stimulating activities around major issues: Academia/R&D; Audio; Communications and Marketing; and Indie Studios, Publishing and Investments.
Network, learn, train
A networking activity presented by Innoprofits, Ubisoft and UQAT-CNM on October 19 and 20 will also provide networking opportunities to exhibitors and members of the business comnmunity. The Education Zone presented by SYNTHÈSE will invite a dozen schools and educational institutions to present their regular and continuing education programs.
No fewer than 80 global and local companies will be featured, such as Red Barrels, The Sandbox, EA Motive, Ubisoft, WB Games Montréal, Gearbox Software, TiMi Studio Group, Beenox and Triple Boris. WB Games Montréal and Gearbox Software will be showcasing their respective new games, Gotham Knights and New Tales from the Borderlands. The Indie Zone, presented by Ubisoft, will include a Discovery Stage showcasing 10 games designed by as many independent studios. This special presentation will be followed by demos and short interviews with the developers. Their demos will also be available for testing. Retro, horror, exploration, role-playing, adventure and science fiction games await you!
Honouring the best
To close out the event, nine MEGAMIGS awards will be presented for the third consecutive year to local studios and creators in categories such as Best Game Design, Best Art Direction and Artistic Achievement as well as Best Technological Innovation. Presented by WB Games Montréal, the ceremony will be hosted by radio host and MEGAMIGS spokesperson Phil Branch. At the event, GamesIndustry.biz will also hand out its Best Places to Work Awards Canada.
Tickets: Multiple options
Four ticket categories are available for MEGAMIGS 2022:
- General admission / Access to:
▪ Exhibitors’ demos and games
▪ Free presentations open to everyone
▪ Talks by our partners on the Expo Hall stage
- Summit (includes general admission for the entire event) / Access to:
▪ Summit talks of your choice
▪ Panel discussions and Q&A periods
▪ Networking session with other attendees of your chosen summit
- Conferences (includes general admission to the entire event) / Access to:
▪ Keynote talks
▪ Technical presentations
▪ Panel discussions and Q&A periods
▪ Free coffee breaks
▪ MEGA party
- Pro (includes general admission and access to conferences) / Access to:
▪ VIP cocktail reception
▪ Business networking application
▪ Exclusive business networking activities
▪ Meals provide in the Business Lounge
▪ MEGA Party
To experience a unique adventure in the dynamic and innovative world of video games, get your tickets at megamigs.com/en/ticketing.
Thanks to our partners
La Guilde would like to thank the initial and confirmed partners of MEGAMIGS: Red Barrels and The SandBox (prestige partners), EA Motive, Lucky VR, Reflector Entertainment, TiMi Studio Group, Ubisoft, WB Games Montréal and Xsolla (major partners), Beenox, CMF and Dead Good Media (title partners), Investissement Québec (business partner), SYNTHÈSE (education partner), SDC/TCS (Global Affairs Canada), the Ville de Montréal (Fonds de soutien aux marchés et vitrines culturels et créatifs), the Government of Quebec (Fonds de développement en tourisme d’affaires), Tourisme Montréal (Assistance Program for Festivals, Museum Exhibits and International Events) as well as many other sponsors and contributors.
What 18th edition of MEGAMIGS
When October 19 to 22, 2022, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Where Hotel Bonaventure Montreal (900 De La Gauchetière West)
With whom 10,000 visitors, or 3,000 members of the Quebec video game industry and hundreds of international guests, as well as 7,000 members of the public.
About La Guilde du jeu vidéo du Québec
La Guilde du jeu vidéo du Québec is a non-profit organization that brings together independent and international video game developers, creators, educational institutions and entrepreneurs in related fields established in Quebec. A global leader in this sector and with 300 members and partners, La Guilde is the largest group of its kind in the world.
Source：Julie Gagnon Communications
- CINESITE DELIVERS 350 VFX SHOTS FOR ROALD DAHL’S MATILDA THE MUSICAL
- FIFTY FIFTY BECOMES A CERTIFIED B CORP
- InnoGames calls for the 9th Global Game Jam
- SUPERPROD becomes the first French studio to deploy a pipeline based on Pixar’s USD technology
- ‘Dune: Part One’ VFX: Behind the Scenes
- How to Create a Power-Efficient Data Center With DPUs
- Analysis of Household Media Consumption Habits Around the World
- AX 2023 Registration Opens!