Universal Kids Casts ‘Where’s Waldo?’ From DreamWorks Animation
Universal Kids network has revealed the series voices cast and season one guest stars for new original series Where’s Waldo?, inspired by the popular book-based brand. The show, produced by DreamWorks Animation Television, will make its TV debut in July. An exclusive Where’s Waldo? tease will air Saturday, April 27 during the American Ninja Warrior Junior season finale at 7 p.m. ET/PT on Universal Kids.
Where’s Waldo? brings the iconic character to life in a new animated series from executive producer FM De Marco (Spy Kids: Mission Critical) and co-executive producer John Tellegen (Spy Kids: Mission Critical). Twelve-year-old Waldo and his best friend Wenda are members of the Worldwide Wanderer Society — the international order of curious travelers who circle the globe celebrating cultures and solving problems through observation. Their mentor — Wizard Whitebeard, a seasoned wanderer — sends these inquisitive young adventurers on international travel missions so they can earn their stripes and someday become wizard-level wanderers too. But standing in Waldo and Wenda’s way is their rival Odlulu, who can’t help but cause trouble wherever she goes.
Leading the all-star line-up is Joshua Rush (Andi Mack, The Lion Guard) as Waldo, Haley Tju (The Loud House, Bella and the Bulldogs) as Wenda, Eva Carlton (Little) as Odlulu, and Thomas Lennon (Santa Clarita Diet, Reno 911!) as Wizard Whitebeard.
Special guest stars include: Carlos Alazraqui, Rachel Dratch, Kerry Kenny, Tom Kenny, Bobby Moynihan, Oscar Nunez, Jerry O’Connell, Hannah Simone, Retta and Weird Al Yankovic.
Created by Martin Handford and first published in 1987, Where’s Waldo? is one of the most recognizable characters in the world and a pop-culture icon. Published in the United States by Candlewick Press, Where’s Waldo? is a global publishing phenomenon with more than 70 million books sold worldwide; the successful series is published in more than 38 countries and has been translated into more than 30 languages.
- ZAG Signs Over 30 Licensing Partners in Mexico for ‘Miraculous’
- SUPERPROD Group revitalizes HR policy an appoints Laléh Chloé Sahraï as Head of Recruitment & Talent Development
- Rainbow Six Siege: South Asia Nationals 2022 Coming This Winter
- Kidscreen Summit 2022 Speakers and Attendees Announced
- Try MediaRights Risk Free In A World…
- Intel Names Matt Poirier Senior Vice President of Corporate Development
- The International Animation Film Festival of Meknes (FICAM) in Morocco 2022
- THE SOMMETS DU CINÉMA D’ANIMATION CELEBRATE THEIR 20th EDITION