Studio Ghibli Fest Continues with 35th Anniversary ‘Nausicaa’ Showing
GKIDS and Fathom Events continues to celebrate their 2019 STUDIO GHIBLI FEST, bringing nine animated masterpieces from the acclaimed studio to U.S. cinemas throughout the year. Up next will be a 35th anniversary showing of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984), directed by Oscar winner Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away).
Screenings will be held Monday, May 20 at 7 p.m. local time (English-language dubbed) and Tuesday, May 21 at 7 p.m. local time (English-language subtitled).
Synopsis: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is an epic masterpiece of sweeping scope and grandeur that remains one of the most breathtaking and exhilarating animated films of all time. A thousand years after the Seven Days of Fire destroyed civilization, warring human factions survive in a world devastated by atmospheric poisons and swarming with gigantic insects. The peaceful Valley of the Wind is nestled on the edge of the Toxic Forest and led by the courageous Princess Nausicaä, whose love of all living things leads her into terrible danger, as she fights to restore balance between humans and nature.
The English dub cast features Alison Lohman, Uma Thurman, Patrick Stewart, Edward James Olmos and Shia LaBeouf.
- ‘YooHoo to the Rescue’ Makes a Splash in Russia, New Apps Debut
- Agisoft De-Lighter released
- Jim Henson Co.’s ‘Dinosaur Train’ Steams Ahead in MENA
- CGF, top Russia Animation Studio
- Transmedia storytelling by Greek creator Aristarchos Papadaniel (Syllipsis)
- Original animation work is on the rise, China’s animation industry continues to support “The Chinese School”
- Fire At Kyoto Animation, One Person Is Dead And Suspected Arsonist In Police Custody
- A Monstrous Undertaking: The VFX Behind Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan