Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Gives Cal Kestis Five New Stances
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Gives Cal Kestis Five New Stances, Including Dual Blades
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor game director Stig Asmussen reveals details about five new battle stances Cal Kestis learns in the Fallen Order sequel.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will give its central Jedi, Cal Kestis, multiple new battle stances with different lightsaber forms in the Fallen Order sequel.
In an interview with the Game Reformer, game director Stig Asmussen explained the inclusion of the five new stances and upgrades to Cal’s lightsaber, such as dual-wielding lightsabers, fighting with a saber in one hand and a blaster in the other and even the crossguard-style lightsaber made famous by Kylo Ren. “We have five fully realized stances in the game,” Asmussen explained. “A lot of it depends on the enemy that you’re coming across. It’s advantageous to use certain types of stances against certain types of enemies, and it’s up to the player to figure that out. It requires the player to break down the enemies and figure out what the best weapon of choice is.”
The reason for the expansion of Cal’s fighting styles stems from the story itself, reflecting the desperate situation he finds himself in as one of the few remaining Jedi. “It really speaks to where we find Cal in this part of the story,” Asmussen said. “It’s five years since the first game, and the dark times are still in full swing. He’s an unconventional Jedi, and he has to do unconventional things. So, something that would be frowned upon during the height of the Jedi Order? Cal’s finding he’s going to do whatever it takes.”
- Europe’s Premier Game Developer Event announces new venue and call for speakers
- NBCUniversal LIFT Labs Accelerator: APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
- PLATEUP! REACHES 1.5 MILLION STEAM COPIES SOLD
- REVIEW CODE REQUESTS NOW OPEN
- Nova Core Chaos:ready to cook
- Preserve, the Cozy Puzzle Nature-Building Game Coming to PC in Summer 2024
- Hot Wheels Let’s Race to Debut on Netflix March 4
- Tulipop Studios Announces Commission of Brand-New Seasonal Specials