Server Monetisation Platform ‘PlayerLands’ Goes Live
Ground-Breaking In-Game Revenue Maker To Revolutionize PC Games Market
London, UK. 28th September – PlayerLands, the smart, secure e-commerce platform for the games industry proudly announces the launch of the official PlayerLands website and the beginning of a revolution in PC game monetisation.
Founded by Nick Gillett and Alex Booth, PlayerLands empowers PC game server owners (essentially creators of ‘private worlds’ within pre-existing games such as Minecraft, Rust etc.) to monetise their creations by selling in-game items to fans and followers. With an easy-to-install plug-in, PlayerLands gives server owners a suite of simple, intuitive tools to sell in-game items, and accept monthly subscriptions or donations from gamers who wish to access their content.
First announced in 2019, and with £200,000 in VC funding from Mercia Technologies, PlayerLands is accessible to everyone from hobbyists through to global game servers where tens-of-thousands of concurrent players are online at any one time, and where revenue tops $millions annually. Once installed, PlayerLands does all the leg work, freeing server-owners up to focus on their games and creating new content to sell to fans. Stores are pre-integrated with the
world’s leading payment partners, so server owners can have them up and running and taking money in a matter of minutes.
Nick Gillett, Co-Founder of PlayerLands said, “We aim to turn hobbies into small businesses, and existing businesses into real revenue generators. Gamers with the wherewithal to create fantastic in-game content to sell to their fans should be helped to share it. There will be many who will financially benefit from having their hard work rewarded, and PlayerLands does that with minimal fuss. Server owners should not be limited by store-front management, payments and inventories, but only by the breadth of their imaginations. We’re thrilled to help server owners achieve that.”
For more information and to install PlayerLands on your server please visit www.playerlands.com.
- PRODUCTION SESSIONS AND TALKS PROGRAMS AT SIGGRAPH 2022 EMPHASIZES TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES AND THE EVOLUTION OF COMPUTER GRAPHICS TECHNIQUES
- Multichoice wants to increase the skills of television actors in Africa
- CANNESERIES is announcing its next season!
- WildBrain Captures Global Distribution Rights to Harpercollins Productions’ Carmen Sandiego
- Galactic Ruler was officially released on August 3rd 2022
- 360 Demonstrates Core Capabilities
- Special effects ：Warriors of Future
- Assistive Technology Enters the Classroom With Holographic Sign Language Interpreters