Publisher Abylight and developer Dummy Dojo are partnering to bring Ninja Chowdown to iOS this Fall!
Developed specifically for mobile platforms, this story-centric, action-packed runner with plenty of flavor (pun intended!) is coming to iPhone and iPad in the most polished version ever, thanks to the winning combo of catchy and vibrant design by Dummy Dojo and Abylight’s expertise in bringing renowned indie titles to Apple devices.
“I have an empty void in my soul that only donuts can fill…” – Donatsu, the main character of Ninja Chowdown.
Ninja Chowdown is a fast-paced, upbeat, story-centric runner game with plenty of taste (pun intended!), personality and colorful pixel art. An energetic, humorous vibe that is very easy to get into, but hard to master, was inspired by the commercials and food industry, and the devs’ love for food. The visuals, the gameplay, and the narrative all contribute to it.
In Ninja Chowdown, you play as Donatsu, a chubby but agile badass ninja and donut connoisseur who fights for Dough-jo Donuttery (a donut shop and also a ninja dojo) to stay the world’s #1 food chain. But every food chain wants to be #1, so the world is filled with competitive warrior food clans.The adventure of Donatsu starts when the Traveling Rollnin’s leader, Sushi Sam, steals the Know-nut, the Doughnut of Ultimate Knowledge, from the Dough-jo. And no one but Donatsu is skilled and badass enough to get it back!
A strong flavor breeds an equally strong fighting spirit!
Join Donatsu the chubby ninja on his mission of saving the Know-nut, the Doughnut of Ultimate Knowledge. It was stolen from the Dough-jo by Sushi Sam, the leader of the Traveling Rollnin. It’s a fast-paced runner with 35 levels of varying difficulty, 3 play modes, unique food-inspired characters and lots of delicious puns. Dummy Dojo’s perfect balance of thrill and accessibility plus Abylight’s expertise in bringing indie masterpieces to iOS: prepare for the most polished Ninja Chowdown version ever!
- Modern 2D pixel art aesthetic
- Food themed story with an emphasis on donut and ninjas!
- Short levels, thrilling and humorous (30 seconds – 3 minutes)
- 35 levels and 3 play modes
- Unique and funny characters
- Pets, clothes and weapons to customize your adventure
- Haptic feedback
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Languages supported: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Turkish and Portuguese
It’s will be free with ads, which you can disable forever for $2,99/€3,49. This also gives you 5000 coins to spend on clothing, weapons and pets.
The game will work on most devices with iOS 13 or newer, starting from iPhone SE.
Source: Ablight Studio
- Amazon Prime Video to localise in key SE Asia markets
- Dongbuzhou Incubation Project
- [Gamescom] Try 2 ARTE games!
- CICF and AGF 2022
- GDC 2023 Welcomes New Members To Advisory Board
- Uproar in Heaven, 4K restoration version
- Omid Rahmat Joins Jon Peddie Research as EVP
- Nintendo Buys Animation Studio That Worked On Death Stranding