POST PRODUCTION STUDIO CHEAT UNVEILS FRESH REBRAND AND NEW GLOBAL ROSTER
The London post production studio Cheat has revealed their new rebrand, and addition of remote global roster.
The rebrand is Cheat’s first since the studio’s inception in 2015 and marks a pivotal moment for the company; befitting the evolution they’ve experienced and introducing an aspirational new chapter.
The new Cheat logo is defined by the unique 6° angle ‘Cheatline’, which signifies the studio’s ability to look at things in a different and positive way, often taking the path less trodden.
Since opening, Cheat has gradually expanded and updated not only the technical equipment and grading suites, but also the services it provides. The full-service post production studio, which takes care of colour grading and flame/online in-house, now works closely with VFX, DIT and audio partners to deliver nimble but robust 360 post solutions.
Founder, Toby Tomkins, acknowledges the valuable opportunity 2020 has given to re-evaluate and re-prioritise. Alongside the rebrand, Cheat is publicly sharing their values for the first time on the new website, stating the focus will be on community wellbeing, environmental impact, as well as championing positive change, diversity and inclusion.
“2020 was a year of undeniable change which gave many of us time to reflect and re-evaluate what is important to us. I hope 2021 will be a year of action, and that we can use what we discovered to improve ourselves and our industry. For me that’s changing a corporation into a community and making sure that we use every opportunity we can to lift people up and to protect the environment. 2021 will see us launch initiatives to help train the next generation of filmmakers from a range of backgrounds and ages, as well as join programs to commit us to longstanding change in these areas.” Toby Tomkins, Founder, Cheat
The studio is also expanding its offering and opportunities by welcoming three freelance colourists to the UK roster. Mike Bothe, Florian Stark & Julia Rosetti, based outside of the UK, will be available on request for commercial projects.
- PRODUCTION SESSIONS AND TALKS PROGRAMS AT SIGGRAPH 2022 EMPHASIZES TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES AND THE EVOLUTION OF COMPUTER GRAPHICS TECHNIQUES
- Multichoice wants to increase the skills of television actors in Africa
- CANNESERIES is announcing its next season!
- WildBrain Captures Global Distribution Rights to Harpercollins Productions’ Carmen Sandiego
- Galactic Ruler was officially released on August 3rd 2022
- 360 Demonstrates Core Capabilities
- Special effects ：Warriors of Future
- Assistive Technology Enters the Classroom With Holographic Sign Language Interpreters