Pat Gelsinger Becomes CEO of Intel
Pat Gelsinger becomes the company’s eighth chief executive officer in its history. Gelsinger is an accomplished CEO and industry veteran with more than four decades of technology and leadership experience – including 30 years at Intel, where he began his career.
Gelsinger shared his thoughts on returning to lead the company, saying:
“As the incoming CEO, I am just really thrilled that we have the opportunity to take this great icon of a company, this company that has been crucial to every aspect of technology, and have it be that leader again into the future. Because I believe that Intel has a treasure trove of technologists, of technology, and ultimately its core DNA is being that technology leader for the future. I’m just thrilled as a technologist, as a geek at heart, to be able to be in that leadership role to help bring the passions, the history, the opportunity of this great company forward as never before. Our best days are in front of us.”
He also sent the following note to all Intel employees:
I am delighted to be writing to you today as the CEO of this iconic company. Since its birth more than 50 years ago, Intel has been an engine for innovation. It has also, in many ways, been part of my family. I often say I grew up in these hallways, fueled by ambition and faith in the power of technology to touch every human on the planet in every mode of life. Inspired by the leadership of Gordon Moore, Robert Noyce and Andy Grove, I’m excited to step into my dream job.
So here we are. Today, our industry is moving rapidly. Technology has never been more important for humanity than it is now. Everything is becoming digital, with four key superpowers – cloud, mobility fueled by 5G, artificial intelligence and the intelligent edge – set to transcend and transform the world. Intel is the only semiconductor company that has the depth and breadth of intelligent silicon, platform, software, architecture, design, manufacturing and scale that our customers need to capitalize on these opportunities and fuel their next-generation innovations.
I am confident that we can be the world’s leading semiconductor company in a landscape of tremendous change and set a course for a new era of innovation and technological leadership. To seize this tremendous opportunity, we must focus on four priorities:
- Be the leader in every category in which we compete. We must stay ahead of customer needs and become more agile in a very competitive market and prove the differentiated value of our products, our roadmap and our manufacturing capability.
- Execute flawlessly to our commitments. Customers must be able to rely on Intel for their products and their strategies for the future. While we must set aggressive targets to regain share and leadership, they must also be achievable and done with the highest quality.
- Passionately innovate with boldness and speed. We will be a fountain for continuous innovation in the industry through our unmatched IP, engineering talent and research into new next-generation computing architectures.
- Reignite our culture to attract and motivate the best engineers and technologists on the planet. Intel must be the place where the best talent in the world can fulfill their dreams. We need to untether our enormous energy and potential for our business with a vibrant, inclusive and open culture. We need to bring back some of the Groveian disciplines for direct, transparent and data-driven decisions and accountability.
I’m thrilled and honored to be working with this incredibly talented global team, and I look forward to engaging with all of you. I’ve already been working to get up to speed on the business and will continue to prioritize much of my time over the coming weeks to listen and learn. You can expect frequent, ongoing updates from me along the way.
I know Intel’s best days are in front of us. Let’s get started.
- Amazon Prime Video to localise in key SE Asia markets
- Dongbuzhou Incubation Project
- [Gamescom] Try 2 ARTE games!
- CICF and AGF 2022
- GDC 2023 Welcomes New Members To Advisory Board
- Uproar in Heaven, 4K restoration version
- Omid Rahmat Joins Jon Peddie Research as EVP
- Nintendo Buys Animation Studio That Worked On Death Stranding