NYAFF sets ‘The Monkey King’ as closing film
NYAFF sets ‘The Monkey King’ as closing film in first collaboration with Netflix
Producer Pellin Chou set to attend special screening.
Netflix animation The Monkey King has been set as the closing film of the 22nd New York Asian Film Festival (Nyaff), marking the first time the festival has partnered with the streaming giant.
The feature is directed by Anthony Stacchi, who was nominated for an Oscar in 2015 for co-directing The Boxtrolls, and has a voice cast that includes Jimmy O. Yang, Bowen Yang, Jo Koy, Stephanie Hsu and BD Wong. Executive producer is Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer), with animation and imagery by Reel FX.
The animated comedy follows Monkey, who wields a mystical staff on his journey to conquer 100 demons and the eccentric Dragon King. He is joined on his quest by a village girl, who challenges his self-centred attitude. And the special screening took place on July 30, more than two weeks before the August 18 premiere on Netflix worldwide. It will be attended by Netflix Animation producer Peilin Chou, a former Oriental Dreamworks executive who produced Abominable and was Oscar-nominated for Over The Moon.
- ” Wish “
- Rainbow Six Siege – Operation Deep Freeze Operator and Gadget Guide
- 2023 Shanghai International Cross-border E-commerce Industry Belt Expo
- New Indie World Showcase uncorks the bottle on more than a dozen upcoming Nintendo Switch games
- Cooler Master Tech Experience 2024
- CHECKMATE SHOWDOWN IS OUT NOW!!!
- ANNECY 2024 Call for Projects: