InnoGames’s worldwide strategy hit Forge of Empires joins €1 billion superclub
Longevity pays off! InnoGames is proud to announce that it’s iconic strategy game Forge of Empires has surpassed €1 billion in lifetime revenues. Forge of Empires was launched in March 2012 and currently has over 130 million registered players. It is enjoyed by players around the world and is one of the mainstay free-to-play games in the strategy and simulation genre.
“Our recipe for success is giving loyal long term players reasons to stick around while making the game fun and accessible for new players. The only way to achieve this balance is to listen very carefully to community feedback and keep delivering new content that players love. It’s also something you have to do consistently, and when it comes to Forge of Empires, we’ve done it for longer than a decade. This approach is also where the strength of InnoGames really shows. But not everything is about content. We are also fully committed to cross-platform play, which means that players can seamlessly switch between browser and iOS or Android at any time. This makes sure that Forge of Empires continues to fit into their ever-changing lives and gaming habits,” commented Christian Reshöft, Chief Product Officer of InnoGames, on reaching the revenue milestone.
Forge of Empires in numbers:
- 130+ million registered players currently.
- Revenue shares of largest markets (2012-2022): USA (36%), Germany (19%), France (8%), UK (4%).
- Share of 2022 revenues from players who had been playing for at least 3 / 5 years: 34% / 18%, respectively.
- Average playtime of game content added since launch: approx. 5 years
- Average playtime of all currently available content: approx. 6 years
About Forge of Empires
Since its release in 2012, the multi-award-winning Forge of Empires (www.forgeofempires.com) has become one of the most successful strategy games in the world, with millions of active players in over 30 markets and sales of more than EUR 1 billion. In Forge of Empires, players lead a village through the different eras of human history – from the Stone Age to the distant future. Through skilful resource management, careful planning and clever tactics on the battlefield, they can expand their sphere of influence and build a powerful empire. Originally developed as a browser game, Forge of Empires is now also available for iOS and Android devices. A seamless switch between the platforms is possible at any time. Forge of Empires is free to play with no restrictions. However, players can voluntarily opt for in-game purchases.
InnoGames is one of the leading German developers of mobile and browser games and a certified Great Place to Work®. The climate-neutral company based in Hamburg was founded in 2007 and is now part of Modern Times Group (MTG). Together with 350+ employees from over 40 nations, the company founders develop unique games that provide years of fun for millions of players around the world. InnoGames is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars, but the company is continually expanding its now 10-game portfolio across platforms and genres. The most recent additions were Rise of Cultures and Sunrise Village, which were launched in early 2022.
- LifeAfter Season VI “Infection Rebirth” Unleashes a New Era of Survival
- NVIDIA OMNIVERSE PLATFORM UPDATE UNLEASHES OPENUSD INTEGRATION AND GENERATIVE AI CAPABILITIES FOR ADVANCED 3D WORKFLOWS
- MAF 2023 AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
- Cooler Master Tech Experience 2024
- NetEase Games Introduces Worlds Untold
- JELLYFISH PICTURES APPOINTS NEW ANIMATION GLOBAL HEAD OF PRODUCTION
- UK SCREEN ALLIANCE CELEBRATES TWO DECADES WITH 20TH ANNIVERSARY GALA DINNER
- RETURN OF THE JUNGLE!