evision launches new TV channel emasala Simply South
evision launches a new TV channel “emasala Simply South” – a joint initiative between evision and Simply South – the global streaming network owned by entrepreneur Anish Wadhwa. The partnership creates an exclusive new movie channel of targeting Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu speaking communities subscribing to the basic tier of the eLife platform.
Speaking at the launch event for the channel, evision’s Director of Content Sunil Joy said that the evision team could clearly see from evision TAM audience data that there was massive untapped viewer demand within the South Indian community. The TAM system measures over 75% of UAE TV viewership (about 1.25 million eLife homes) by nationality, so it provides transparent insights into audience demand. Joy further highlighted that emasala Simply South will change the TV landscape for South Indians – by providing viewers with access to A-list movies only 4 months after theatrical release.
Speaking with evision CEO Olivier Bramly, it is clear that this is part of a bigger vision strategy, both in the UAE and pan-regionally. Bramly hinted that another exclusive channel will be launching on eLife within the coming few weeks, also targeting audience needs identified by TAM data.
The expansion plans for evision also extend outside UAE, with e& sister businesses such as Saudi Arabia (Mobily) and Egypt (Etisalat Misr) being partnership opportunities for evision for example. But evision’s growth plans don’t stop with group companies: Bramly emphasised that through their new subsidiary Starzplay, evision is opening up pan-regional expansion opportunities with all regional operators, as well as direct to consumer.
- ANNECY 2024
- GIC’24 Introduces Early Bird Tickets
- TOWER OF DREAMS, COMING TO STEAM AND NINTENDO SWITCH
- ESDigital Games Reveals Steam Titles
- SelectaPlay Partners with Wiggin Industries to Create Special Boxed Editions of upcoming RPG Bestiario
- YOGSCAST GAMES PARTNER WITH HEXGUARDIAN DEVS SPLIT SECOND GAMES
- SOUTHFIELD IS BRINGING THE BUD AND FRIENDS TO STEAM NEXT FEST WITH A FIRST DEMO
- SOCIAL DEDUCTION MULTIPLAYER TITLE LAUNCHES EARLY ACCESS ON STEAM