Deck of Ashes – Quarantine Diaries
Part II: game mechanics, lore, characters’ backgrounds,
further plans and the big contest!
Deck of Ashes, the hardcore story-driven RPG with a card-based tactical combat system launched out of the Early Access. The game by the Russian studio AY Games had been in development for two and a half years and while in Early Access the dev team added a plenty of adjustments and improvements – many of them through the constant contact with the game community.
Deck of Ashes on Steam – https://store.steampowered.com/app/1016730/Deck_of_Ashes/
To celebrate the long-awaited full release the developers agreed to share their experience and to reveal the background of Deck of Ashes in the form of the “diaries” while carefully respecting the self-isolation and quarantine measures.
In the second part of the diaries:
- The unique game features and how Deck of Ashes differs from the other card-based video games
- The story behind the dark game world and the main characters
- Dev team’s plans for the future
Deck of Ashes is a hardcore story-driven RPG with a procedurally-generated game world and card-based tactical combat system. Players take the role of one of four antiheroes on a quest to defeat enemies in exciting turn-based tactical battles using cards they find or create during their journey.
Every character’s story is unique and each time you start a new game the world will be different! It is up to you to decide where to go, which enemy to fight next, and what resources you collect to create cards. There are more than 100 cards in the game and players can mix them to build unique card decks and combat styles!
Deck of Ashes is not just a card game – it’s a world of action and fantasy, player-based decisions, and more:
- An eerie world of dark fantasy. All characters, monsters, and locations are hand-drawn!
- Four main characters – four story campaigns
- Procedurally generated game world – Unique experiences every new game you start
- The insanely huge number of card combinations. Collect and create cards to fit your play-style
- Biomes with various monsters: each biome affects the gameplay differently and inhabited by unique foes!
- Death is permanent in the finest tradition of a roguelike genre. Once dead, you are dead forever unless you use Black magic!
- WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSE OF THE NET! Kolobanga Media reveals the new global project.
- Russian animated series Be-be-bears and Leo&Tig to be shown in MENA countries
- MIPCOM preps for Cannes return as Reed Midem unveils Covid-19 strategy
- SALON RENTALS: SUPPLYING AND SUPPORTING THE FILM & TV INDUSTRY FOR OVER 50 YEARS
- Tencent buys into Asian streaming platform iFlix
- YOGSCAST GAMES Announces the Tiny Teams Festival Celebrating Indie Development From 9-15 August
- ANTICIPATED SCI-FI MMO DUAL UNIVERSE REVOLUTIONIZES THE VIRTUAL WORLD WITH BETA LAUNCH ON AUGUST 27 AND ACCESSIBLE $6.99 SUBSCRIPTION
- Pixel-powered Polygons Boil Frogs