Dates Set for ‘Tom and Jerry,’ ‘Tiger’s Apprentice’
Warner Bros. has announced the official release dates for its Sesame Street live-action musical and Tom and Jerry live-action/animation hybrid movies.
Sesame Street will be released on Jan. 15, 2021, while Tom and Jerry will begin their big-screen adventures on April 16, 2021. The Tom and Jerry movie will be directed by Tim Story (Fantastic Four, Shaft), while Sesame Street will be helmed by Jonathan Krisel and produced by Shawn Levy. Anne Hathaway is rumored to play the lead in the musical.
Meanwhile, Paramount has confirmed that The Tiger’s Apprentice,an animated adaptation of Laurence Yep’s young adult fantasy trilogy series, will be released on February 11, 2022. The story centers on a young San Francisco boy who meets a mysterious talking tiger called Mr. Hu and realizes that he’s the appointed guardian who can protect everyone from an evil ancient phoenix.
The screenplay has been adapted by David Magee (Life of Pi). The studio hasn’t announced a director or voice cast for the project. Feb. 11, 2022 sounds like a good spot for the animated pic as no other movie has been announced for that time period.
- ‘YooHoo to the Rescue’ Makes a Splash in Russia, New Apps Debut
- Agisoft De-Lighter released
- Jim Henson Co.’s ‘Dinosaur Train’ Steams Ahead in MENA
- CGF, top Russia Animation Studio
- Transmedia storytelling by Greek creator Aristarchos Papadaniel (Syllipsis)
- Original animation work is on the rise, China’s animation industry continues to support “The Chinese School”
- Fire At Kyoto Animation, One Person Is Dead And Suspected Arsonist In Police Custody
- A Monstrous Undertaking: The VFX Behind Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan