Dates Set for ‘Tom and Jerry,’ ‘Tiger’s Apprentice’
Warner Bros. has announced the official release dates for its Sesame Street live-action musical and Tom and Jerry live-action/animation hybrid movies.
Sesame Street will be released on Jan. 15, 2021, while Tom and Jerry will begin their big-screen adventures on April 16, 2021. The Tom and Jerry movie will be directed by Tim Story (Fantastic Four, Shaft), while Sesame Street will be helmed by Jonathan Krisel and produced by Shawn Levy. Anne Hathaway is rumored to play the lead in the musical.
Meanwhile, Paramount has confirmed that The Tiger’s Apprentice,an animated adaptation of Laurence Yep’s young adult fantasy trilogy series, will be released on February 11, 2022. The story centers on a young San Francisco boy who meets a mysterious talking tiger called Mr. Hu and realizes that he’s the appointed guardian who can protect everyone from an evil ancient phoenix.
The screenplay has been adapted by David Magee (Life of Pi). The studio hasn’t announced a director or voice cast for the project. Feb. 11, 2022 sounds like a good spot for the animated pic as no other movie has been announced for that time period.
Source: Deadline.comMore From ANIMATIONWorld:
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ and ‘Captain Marvel’ VFX Presentations Set for FMX 2019
- Sony Creative Products’ ‘Pingu in the City’ Heads to UK
- AWN China Interview – Responses from Mr Robert Gilby, Chairman of the Singapore Media Festival Advisory Board
- Free Download: Special Annecy Edition of Animation World Magazine
- Pixomondo Creates the ‘Purrfect’ Big Kitten in ‘A Dog’s Way Home’
- Call for Entries: 2019 VIEW Awards Now Open for Submissions
- NFB’s ‘The Tesla World Light’ Launches for Free Online
- Warner Tunnels Out ‘Minecraft’ Release Date in 2022