Dates Set for ‘Tom and Jerry,’ ‘Tiger’s Apprentice’
Warner Bros. has announced the official release dates for its Sesame Street live-action musical and Tom and Jerry live-action/animation hybrid movies.
Sesame Street will be released on Jan. 15, 2021, while Tom and Jerry will begin their big-screen adventures on April 16, 2021. The Tom and Jerry movie will be directed by Tim Story (Fantastic Four, Shaft), while Sesame Street will be helmed by Jonathan Krisel and produced by Shawn Levy. Anne Hathaway is rumored to play the lead in the musical.
Meanwhile, Paramount has confirmed that The Tiger’s Apprentice,an animated adaptation of Laurence Yep’s young adult fantasy trilogy series, will be released on February 11, 2022. The story centers on a young San Francisco boy who meets a mysterious talking tiger called Mr. Hu and realizes that he’s the appointed guardian who can protect everyone from an evil ancient phoenix.
The screenplay has been adapted by David Magee (Life of Pi). The studio hasn’t announced a director or voice cast for the project. Feb. 11, 2022 sounds like a good spot for the animated pic as no other movie has been announced for that time period.
- ZEISS CinCraft Mapper Delivers Precise Lens Data for Efficient VFX Workflows
- Dr. Russell Campbell On Returning In-Person To Teach Shader Programming
- RTL looks to build cross-media streaming giant
- Tokyo Announces Tokyo Animation Pitch Grand Prix Winners!
- German mobile games market grows by 22 per cent
- STUDIO 100 MEDIA’S ‘MIA AND ME’ MOVIE SET TO HIT BIG SCREENS
- Fingersoft brings Hill Climb Racing 2 to Facebook Gaming