Chinese Animated Fantasy ‘Green Snake’ Hit Top in Boxoffice
Black Widow’ overtaken by Chinese animation ‘Green Snake’ at the worldwide box office
The Light Chaster animation hit top B. O. and up till now, Not only the B. O. broke 200 million, the proportion of the row continued to be the first, but also achieved a good word of mouth and a high score of Tao Ticket 9.4, CatEye 9.2, Douban 7.4. The film currently ranks No.2 on anticipated list on Chinese ticketing platform under Alibaba Pictures Group.Maoyan currently forecasts Green Snake to finish its run with $77.5 million (RMB 502.5 million), which would be a significant step up from White Snake‘s $61.6 million gross.
The 3D CGI pic is a sequel to 2019’s White Snake, which earned $61.6M worldwide.
The film tells the story of a white snake named Xiaobai who is locked up by the monk Fahai at the Leifeng Pagoda and how her younger sister, the green snake Xiaoqing, enters the illusion that traps Xiaobai to rescue her. The character Xiaoqing in the sequel also embodies the tenacity, perseverance and independence of the traditional “green snake” character from the folktale.
The film, produced by the original crew of White Snake, is a reinterpretation of the traditional Chinese story “Legend of the White Snake.” Director Amp Wong and screenwriter Damao returned on the sequel. It was produced with Alibaba Pictures, Tianjin Maoyan Weiying Culture Media and Bilibili. The film, produced by the original crew of White Snake, is a reinterpretation of the traditional Chinese story “Legend of the White Snake.”
Hong Kong director Amp Wong said the studio used some new advanced technology to add more Chinese elements to the film, which took three years to make.
“The classic scene of ‘Water Submerging the Golden Mountain’ in the original story was a major production challenge… In order to make each scene look better, we have advanced related technology R&D by two years,” he said.
“I was very happy to be the director of Green Snake. I could feel the passion and booming development of the animation film industry in the Chinese mainland,” he added.
- PRODUCTION SESSIONS AND TALKS PROGRAMS AT SIGGRAPH 2022 EMPHASIZES TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES AND THE EVOLUTION OF COMPUTER GRAPHICS TECHNIQUES
- Multichoice wants to increase the skills of television actors in Africa
- CANNESERIES is announcing its next season!
- WildBrain Captures Global Distribution Rights to Harpercollins Productions’ Carmen Sandiego
- Galactic Ruler was officially released on August 3rd 2022
- 360 Demonstrates Core Capabilities
- Special effects ：Warriors of Future
- Assistive Technology Enters the Classroom With Holographic Sign Language Interpreters