China to release its own animated ‘Kung Fu Mulan’
The legend of Mulan has been popular in China for at least 1,500 years, and has spawned films, plays, operas, novels, and video games, each with its own spin on the story of a woman who joins in the army in the guise of a man. This year alone has seen four Mulan films.
‘Kung Fu Mulan’ starts from the story of Mulan after she joined the army. It tells the story of Mulan as the famous “thorn head” in the army. Although she has a high martial arts, she is more arrogant than the men around her. She sneaked into the enemy camp alone. In the middle of the siege, she is surrounded by dangers and embarks on the story of exploring the road behind the conspiracy.
Kung Fu Mulan, an animated film, has been touted as “the most realistic portrayal of China and Mulan” and this powerful statement has been printed on its promotional poster which shows a back view of the legendary woman warrior Fa Mulan as she faces off an army of Mongolian invaders.
The poster, which also carries the slogan “Real China, Real Mulan” displays the Chinese production team’s confidence in conveying the true spirit of Mulan .The film is directed by Xi Chen and produced by Gold Valley Films, a Chinese animation production house (which also has a creative center in L.A.).
The animated film which has been in the works for the past five years is specially catered to Chinese audiences.
It seeks to deliver a profound message on the importance of three Confucian virtues, loyalty, filial piety, and righteousness.
‘Kung Fu Mulan’ not only embodies Mulan’s fearless spirit, the film studio also expresses the confidence and courage to release on National Day.
Mulan’s personality is different from the Disney adaptations. She is a more multi-dimensional character, but no less brave, smart and heroic than her Disney versions.
Disney’s first Mulan, an animated film was screened in 199. It earned a Golden Globe and Oscar nomination for Best Animated Film.
Disney’s second Mulan, a live action film loosely based on the 1998 film, premiered on Sept 4.
Directed by Niki Caro, it stars Crystal Liu Yifei as Mulan, with Donnie Yen, Jason Scott Lee, Gong Li and Jet Li as major characters.
- PRODUCTION SESSIONS AND TALKS PROGRAMS AT SIGGRAPH 2022 EMPHASIZES TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES AND THE EVOLUTION OF COMPUTER GRAPHICS TECHNIQUES
- Multichoice wants to increase the skills of television actors in Africa
- CANNESERIES is announcing its next season!
- WildBrain Captures Global Distribution Rights to Harpercollins Productions’ Carmen Sandiego
- Galactic Ruler was officially released on August 3rd 2022
- 360 Demonstrates Core Capabilities
- Special effects ：Warriors of Future
- Assistive Technology Enters the Classroom With Holographic Sign Language Interpreters