Cartoon Network Orders Long Form ‘The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe’
Cartoon Network EMEA has announced a long form series of “The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe” whose critically acclaimed original 10 shorts have proved a banner high-quality 2D European series for Cartoon Network.
Cartoon Network’s first series with Denmark and just the second at the time from Cartoon Network Studios Europe, “Ivandoe” was nominated for a BAFTA and swept near all top TV honors at the 2018 European Animation Awards.
Created by Danish animators Christian Bøving-Andersen and Eva Lee Wallberg – who began their animation careers on Cartoon Network’s EMEA-produced global hit, “The Amazing World of Gumball” – the new series will see the original’s three-minute shorts robustly expanded to 20 11-minute episodes, one sign of Cartoon Network’s confidence in the series, Cartoon Network EMEA announced Monday.
Daniel Lennard, who oversaw development on “Gumball” and Cartoon Network Studios’ “Apple & Onion,” returns as executive producer to co-develop and co-write the new series, which is being produced by Cartoon Network in partnership with Denmark’s high-flying Sun Creature Studio, which produced the original hit shorts.
By John Hopewell/Variety
- Tencent Games to Showcase Latest Innovations in Game Development at GDC 2023
- The interest in Swedish game companies increases globally
- Stray Fawn Studio announces publishing branch
- Cyber Group Studios Expands Leadership Team
- Lexar Announces 512GB CFexpress Type-B Card DIAMOND Series
- Simon Philips Joins Global Entertainment Powerhouse Falcon’s Beyond as President
- Paramount Unites Brands for First Global E-Commerce Platform, Paramount Shop
- Nickelodeon’s ‘Together For Good’ initiative urges kids to embrace their individuality