Call for Entries: BIAF 2019
The 21st Bucheon International Animation Festival, which runs October 18-22 in Bucheon, South Korea, is now open for submissions.
The Bucheon International Animation Festival (BIAF 2019), an Academy Award-qualifying festival, is now open for film submissions. The festival, held October 18-22 in Bucheon, South Korea, accepts animated films in the following categories: Competition Feature, Short, Graduation and TV & Commissioned. Over KRW 46,000,000 (Approx. USD 42,000) in cash prizes will be awarded in six categories: Feature, Short, Graduation, TV & Commissioned, Korean Short and Online.
Submission deadlines are:
Short, Graduation, TV & Commissioned – June 30.
Feature – July 31.
Films must be produced after January 1, 2018.
- ‘YooHoo to the Rescue’ Makes a Splash in Russia, New Apps Debut
- Agisoft De-Lighter released
- Jim Henson Co.’s ‘Dinosaur Train’ Steams Ahead in MENA
- CGF, top Russia Animation Studio
- Transmedia storytelling by Greek creator Aristarchos Papadaniel (Syllipsis)
- Original animation work is on the rise, China’s animation industry continues to support “The Chinese School”
- Fire At Kyoto Animation, One Person Is Dead And Suspected Arsonist In Police Custody
- A Monstrous Undertaking: The VFX Behind Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan