Bob Iger returns as Disney CEO
Bob Iger is back as Disney CEO replacing Bob Chapek.
Last Sunday Disney announced that it had reappointed Iger as chief executive, effective immediately, after Iger’s hand-picked successor as CEO, Bob Chapek, came under fire for his management of the entertainment giant. This is a bit of shock as it’s only 11 months that Igor left
chairman of the board Susan Arnold said:
We thank Bob Chapek for his service to Disney over his long career, including navigating the company through the unprecedented challenges of the pandemic. The Board has concluded that as Disney embarks on an increasingly complex period of industry transformation, Bob Iger is uniquely situated to lead the company through this pivotal period.
Mr. Iger has the deep respect of Disney’s senior leadership team, most of whom he worked closely with until his departure as executive chairman 11 months ago, and he is greatly admired by Disney employees worldwide–all of which will allow for a seamless transition of leadership.
“It is with an incredible sense of gratitude and humility — and, I must admit, a bit of amazement — that I write to you this evening with the news that I am returning to The Walt Disney Company as Chief Executive Officer,” Iger wrote to employees in an email.
Iger will help the company’s board develop a new successor and the Iger announcement has inspired a predictable market jump with company shares up 10% in pre-market trading on Monday, after falling more than 40% this year.
- The Latest One Piece Film: Red
- Digital technology helps to upgrade supply chain finance market services
- The virtual reality documentary collection “Missing Pictures” is available on December 1st on Oculus App Lab, Steam VR and Viveport
- Viz Media Appoints Boutique Licensing Agency in Europe
- Miko Robot Makes Streaming Debut in New Animated Series
- ARRIVAL OF CHLOÉ CHEVRIER, INTERNATIONAL SALES MANAGER
- Annihilate waves of demons in HELLBREACH: VEGAS (Coming 2023)
- Germany increases games funding to 70 million euros