‘BLACK WIDOW’ ENSNARES NEW PANDEMIC RECORD WITH $215M BETWEEN THEATERS & DISNEY+
‘Black Widow’ Proves It Was Worth the Wait at the Box Office. Natasha Romanoff’s standalone adventure is a certified hit.
After several LONG delays, Marvel Studios’ Black Widow has finally made its way to theaters. Over the course of opening weekend, Black Widow has amassed $89.9 million at the global box office, with $39.5 Million coming from the domestic box office alone. Disney has yet to release the results of the film’s debut on Disney+ Premier Access. Black Widow has replaced Iron Man 2 as the number 10 slot for Marvel Studios’ premiere weekend earnings.Black Widow now has the biggest weekend opening since Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker debuted in December of 2019. It’s also the biggest Stateside opening for an MCU origin story after Black Panther and Captain Marvel.
“Once again, Marvel has delivered an exceptional film to the delight of fans worldwide with Black Widow achieving numerous milestones in the current marketplace,” Kareem Daniel, Chairman, Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution, said in a statement. “Black Widow’s strong performance this weekend affirms our flexible distribution strategy of making franchise films available in theaters for a true cinematic experience and, as COVID concerns continue globally, providing choice to consumers who prefer to watch at home on Disney+.”
“It’s incredible to see audiences enjoying Black Widow after two years without a new Marvel Studios film, and this spectacular opening weekend shows just how eager fans have been to see this beloved Avenger in her own story,” added Alan Bergman, Chairman, Disney Studios Content. “There’s no question it’s been worth the wait — Cate Shortland, Scarlett Johansson, and the Marvel Studios team have delivered an exceptional film that continues a legacy of creative excellence as the Marvel Cinematic Universe expands and enters a new era.”
“It was indeed striking and welcome that Disney reported both the theatrical box office numbers and the Disney+ Premier Access global consumer spend for Black Widow,” Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at Comscore said. “The takeaway is that for a blockbuster Marvel movie, audiences exercised their freedom of choice and both platforms succeeded, but the movie theater experience was the clear choice for Marvel fans with $158.8 million banked this weekend. Great news for the industry overall this weekend.”
- Beijing Animation Festival | Global Digital Creations Holdings Limited To Cultivate Metaverse Talents And Advance Together With The Digital Industry
- Talk of the city: the Chinese animation film “Deep Sea” is soon to be released
- China cultivates new competitive advantages in cultural trade
- Spin Master Announces Collaboration with Disney for New Animated ‘Firebuds’ Series
- Scorpion return in Mortal Kombat 2?
- Licensing International Releases Annual Global Licensing Industry Study
- 6 in 10 PC and console games sold in 2021 in Germany were purchased as downloads
- Jellish：an experienced producers of high end animation content