Bandai Namco Merges Its Production Subsidiaries, Including Sunrise
BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc. (“the Company”) hereby announces that the Board of Directors has passed a resolution at a meeting held today to reorganize consolidated subsidiaries in three regions (the U.S.A., France and China).
Early march, Bandai Namco announced that Sunrise and other production subsidiaries would merge to become Bandai Namco Filmworks starting April 1st, 2022. This marks the end of an era for Sunrise as the brand will be no more once merged into Bandai Namco Filmworks. However, operations at the merged studio will continue without delay. Bandai Namco Rights Marketing and Arts’ film divisions will also merge into the new company. On the music side of the company, various divisions will also merge to become Bandai Namco Music Live. The Bandai Namco Music Live merger includes Sunrise Music, Music Creative and Arts’ music divisions effective on April 1st. These mergers are a result of Bandai Namco wanting to consolidate parts of the company into streamlined divisions.
Now Bandai Namco has merged its film production businesses, including legendary Japanese studio Sunrise, as Bandai Namco Filmworks Inc. Sunrise has been one of Japan’s most prolific animation studios for the past 50 years. Founded in September 1972, the studio has worked on some of Japan’s most popular animated films and series domestically and abroad, including Mobile Suit Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Space Runaway Ideon, Crusher Joe, and Code Geass, just to name a few.
The company’s purpose statement reads:
Bandai Namco exists to share dreams, fun and inspiration with people around the world. Connecting people and societies in the enjoyment of uniquely entertaining products and services, we’re working to create a brighter future for everyone.
- Nova Core Chaos:ready to cook
- Preserve, the Cozy Puzzle Nature-Building Game Coming to PC in Summer 2024
- Hot Wheels Let’s Race to Debut on Netflix March 4
- Tulipop Studios Announces Commission of Brand-New Seasonal Specials
- Game Developers Conference (GDC)’s 12th Annual State of the Game Industry Survey Results
- PJ MASKS POWER HEROES: MIGHTY ALLIANCE LAUNCHES MARCH 15th 2024
- SHIFT BETWEEN CAR AND CHARACTER IN ‘CHAMPION SHIFT’ EARLY ACCESS FEB. 29TH
- ‘Luna Abyss’ Extended Demo Released