Bandai Namco Merges Its Production Subsidiaries, Including Sunrise
BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc. (“the Company”) hereby announces that the Board of Directors has passed a resolution at a meeting held today to reorganize consolidated subsidiaries in three regions (the U.S.A., France and China).
Early march, Bandai Namco announced that Sunrise and other production subsidiaries would merge to become Bandai Namco Filmworks starting April 1st, 2022. This marks the end of an era for Sunrise as the brand will be no more once merged into Bandai Namco Filmworks. However, operations at the merged studio will continue without delay. Bandai Namco Rights Marketing and Arts’ film divisions will also merge into the new company. On the music side of the company, various divisions will also merge to become Bandai Namco Music Live. The Bandai Namco Music Live merger includes Sunrise Music, Music Creative and Arts’ music divisions effective on April 1st. These mergers are a result of Bandai Namco wanting to consolidate parts of the company into streamlined divisions.
Now Bandai Namco has merged its film production businesses, including legendary Japanese studio Sunrise, as Bandai Namco Filmworks Inc. Sunrise has been one of Japan’s most prolific animation studios for the past 50 years. Founded in September 1972, the studio has worked on some of Japan’s most popular animated films and series domestically and abroad, including Mobile Suit Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Space Runaway Ideon, Crusher Joe, and Code Geass, just to name a few.
The company’s purpose statement reads:
Bandai Namco exists to share dreams, fun and inspiration with people around the world. Connecting people and societies in the enjoyment of uniquely entertaining products and services, we’re working to create a brighter future for everyone.
- GAME DEVELOPERS CONFERENCE 2023 CLOSED
- ‘No Dogs Or Italians Allowed,’ ‘Titina’ Top Tokyo Anime Award Festival
- Minister Rodriguez announces appointment of Julie Roy as Executive Director of Telefilm Canada
- Tencent Games to Showcase Latest Innovations in Game Development at GDC 2023
- The interest in Swedish game companies increases globally
- Stray Fawn Studio announces publishing branch
- Cyber Group Studios Expands Leadership Team
- Lexar Announces 512GB CFexpress Type-B Card DIAMOND Series