AMD’S Next Gen ‘Vermeer’ Ryzen 9 4950X/5950X Engineering Sample and Benchmark Spotted
AMD’S next-generation Ryzen Zen 3 Series processors are coming out later this year. This was confirmed by AMD CEO Lisa Su herself, you said that no delays are expected for the upcoming products. A report from Igor’s Lab suggests that the AMD Ryzen 9 4950X will have a massive boost frequency of 4.8GHz.
This is a big leap considering the fact that the processor is boasting 16 cores and 32 threads. The report shows that the AMD Ryzen 9 4950X processor will have a base clock of 3.5GHz which will boost to 4.8 GHz.
The information comes from an OPN code Igor managed to get his hands on, which reads “100-000000059-52_48/35_Y.” Decoding that, the 35 at the end signifies the 3.5 GHz base clock, with 4.8 telling us the boost clock is 4.8 GHz. These numbers may go higher as the testing chip is just an engineering sample and the consumer product may boast even higher clock speeds.
Report from Igor Lab also shows that the sample processor has 16-cores, which further solidifies the fact that the benchmark chip is indeed the successor to the Ryzen 9 3950X, which was also a 16 core and 32 thread processor. The next generation of Ryzen desktop processors will be based on the new Zen 3 architecture, which is codenamed “Vermeer”.
AMD may decide to skip the 4000 series nomenclature for the desktop processors so that it doesn’t interfere and create confusion among customers, as the current-gen of mobile processors has the 4000 series naming scheme. The mobile processors are based on “Renoir” architecture. This will mean that the desktop series processors may jump to the Ryzen 5000 series, and so the new chip may be called Ryzen 9 5950X.
The higher boost clock may deal another blow to Intel, you have had the upper hand in boost speeds for a long period of time. Most games tend to favor high boost clocks so if the reports are true, then AMD may overtake Intel in the gaming department as well.
- Autodesk Joins Open Design Alliance
- 2020 Qingdao Film and Television Expo “Video Platform Inspires New Thinking on Film and Television Culture” Theme Forum
- Open Beta Test Launches September 28 for Frostpoint VR: Proving Grounds with ‘Play to Own’ Campaign
- German games market grows by 27 per cent in the first six months of 2020
- Sweden Game Conference is bringing the gaming industry together
- Rightstrade to Further International Reach as Premier Sponsor of AFM® 2020 ONLINE
- GOQUEST MEDIA SIGNS INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS FOR RATS
- China to release its own animated ‘Kung Fu Mulan’