Brazil ‘s Independent Games Festival, The largest festival and market for games in Latin America
Submissions for independent games and suggestions for talks at the 10th BIG Festival are open!
In 2021, the event happened online because of the pandemic. In 2022, the event will take place in person and online!
In its last edition, entirely online, the Festival had record numbers, impacting more than 50 million people around the world.
- More than 500 games from 50 countries entered;
- More than 100 games made available online to be played for free;
- 700,000+ people watched the live sessions;
- 2 million hits to our website, games and virtual booths;
- +70 hours of live bilingual content (Portuguese and English);
- More than 300 speakers from around the world.
- In 2021, More than US$ 65 million in deals generated in the last in person edition!
- In 2021, more than 120 games were showcased!
BIG Festival is the most important platform for new games in Latin America.
In 2022, we will have more than 80 sessions with the best professionals from the games industry.
More than US$ 80K dollars in awards for the best games!
Submissions are free and can be made through the BIG Festival website. The deadline for submitting games or suggestions for talks is February 28th, 2022, at 11:59 pm (GMT-3).
All types of games will be accepted, on any platform, published or not, as long as they can be played by the Selection Committee of the Festival.
Commercially released games will be accepted as long as they have been released within two years of the festival’s start date.
In 2022, the BIG Festival, the largest games festival in Latin America, celebrates 10 years of history with a special edition, which will bring a series of new activities. The event should take place both in person, at the Frei Caneca Convention Center, in São Paulo, and online.
In the business area, the festival hosted 545 companies from 64 countries, generating a business prospect of more than US$ 50 million for companies in the region.
Those who did not have the opportunity to participate in the event can still check out many of the games and sessions on the link.
- PRODUCTION SESSIONS AND TALKS PROGRAMS AT SIGGRAPH 2022 EMPHASIZES TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES AND THE EVOLUTION OF COMPUTER GRAPHICS TECHNIQUES
- Multichoice wants to increase the skills of television actors in Africa
- CANNESERIES is announcing its next season!
- WildBrain Captures Global Distribution Rights to Harpercollins Productions’ Carmen Sandiego
- Galactic Ruler was officially released on August 3rd 2022
- 360 Demonstrates Core Capabilities
- Special effects ：Warriors of Future
- Assistive Technology Enters the Classroom With Holographic Sign Language Interpreters